OS X Desktop & Systems Support Specialist
Thursday January 03, 2013
One Kendall Square
Cogo Labs is seeking an entry- to junior-level OS X Desktop & Systems Support Specialist to provide end-user support in a highly technical and fast-paced environment. The DSSS must be able to multi-task and communicate effectively as they provide computer support in a Mac/Linux environment with absolutely no Windows boxes.
This is a full-time, entry- to junior-level position, with full benefits and room for advancement in a fast-growing company.
- On-board new employees & configure MacBooks.
- Set up domain and email accounts with Google Apps.
- Coordinate moves or changes in a laptop & desktop environment.
- Diagnose and repair Mac hardware & software problems.
- Assist in on-call efforts for off-hours maintenance and upgrades.
- Provide OS X server administration (Workgroup Manager, TimeMachine Backups, Wiki, Web Services).
- Help with off-site backups.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of hardware & software issues.
- Experience working with Mac OS X on a Linux network.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting Mac computer hardware, software and network connectivity issues.
- Familiarity with OS X/Linux command line.
- Flexibility and willingness to work off-hours as needed.
- Bachelors or Associates degree.
Bonus points for:
- Apple certifications.
- Backend Linux server administration (DHCP, DNS, VMWare, MySQL, firewall, Zabbix).
- Frontend Linux support (maintaining Apache and nginx webservers, supporting developers).
- Demonstrated proficiency in a programming or scripting language (Python is a plus).
- Experience managing Open Directory.