Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join an agile company that’s building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years. Join us!
Why You Matter:
We’re looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer who will perform operations and development support for our cloud product line. This individual will work with development and have responsibility for the health of our services.
If you are:
- Ready for your next challenge
- Experienced as operations engineer
- Able to maintain the delicate balance between quality, speed, user experience and customer expectations in a 24x7 operations environment
- Apt to take the stairs…two at a time
Then you’re exactly the person we need. Join us in the battle to secure the world’s intellectual property.
What You’ll Do:
- Share responsibility for health, scalability and availability of our cloud services
- Automate deployment of AWS of infrastructure and services
- Participate in on-call rotation for production issues
- Work with the team to ensure cloud architecture meets scalability, availability and cost requirements
- Follow good operational practices such as use of playbooks
What You’ll Bring:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related fields
- 2-5 years of experience managing cloud infrastructure, preferably with AWS running hundreds of EC2 instances
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with technical operations and software development support that worked on enterprise scale, mission critical, highly available Linux systems
- Experience with configuration management tools and cloud management automation, e.g. Cloud Formation, OpsWorks, Puppet, Chef
- Working knowledge of monitoring such as AWS CloudWatch, Nagios, Logstash, Sensu
- Good understanding of web services, databases and related infrastructure
- Solid understanding of backup/restore best practices in the cloud
- Ability to manage using a modern scripting language
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and take specific instruction, switching as required
- Knowledge of AWS APIs a plus
- Security Experience a plus
Who We Are:
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.