Office Tour Photos
The Senior Internal Communications Manager develops and manages internal (employee) communications to 1,700+ global Datto employees across 23 offices in 9 countries. As the first point of contact regarding workplace and employee communications and announcements, this person will build relationships with leaders and key opinion formers across Datto. The successful candidate will be embedded in the business to structure communications solutions appropriate to local resources, challenges, and capabilities. Additionally, they will accommodate and customize for micro-cultural differences.
The successful candidate will be a strategic member of the communications team and will be able to leverage measurable communication methods to increase employee engagement. They will help to lead initiatives that mobilize employee influencer groups to support internal collaboration, inclusion, sense of connectedness and create an environment for external ambassadorship. The Senior Internal Communications Manager reports to the Director of Communications in the Marketing group but is embedded daily within the HR organization.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of employee communication around initiatives, programs, and announcements, including planning, authoring, sourcing posting, editing, etc.
- Participate in the re-establishment of Datto employee value proposition and company values.
- Travel to global offices to maintain a pulse on employee needs and assess opportunities for engagement.
- Studying employee opinion surveys across Datto and partners with HR Business Partners and leaders to capitalize on opportunities to increase employee engagement.
- Provide editorial direction and ensure messages derived from employee value proposition, company values, and strategic vision are consistently woven through internal communications, leveraging new and existing channels including emails, company-wide meetings, new employee training, digital TV screens, and department-specific channels.
- Develops change and employee engagement communications strategies and tactics designed to garner employees understanding and support for Dattos ongoing transformation initiatives and aligning employees behind our company strategy.
- Align with the Digital Workplace & Intranet Manager on the delivery of corporate and HR messaging on the intranet, including ensuring the intranet consistently represents Dattos employee value proposition and is in sync with the pulse of Dattos dynamic workplace.
- 7+ years experience in an internal communications function; preferably global.
- Highly skilled and experienced at employee engagement and change management communication (strategies and tactics).
- Experience with Diversity & Inclusion initiatives.
- Experience with communications on Corporate Social Responsibility or corporate giving and community efforts.
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of senior management and technical employees using tact and sound judgment. Must be able to work independently and also within a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Ability to create dynamic presentations and articulate complex and sensitive issues in a clear, easily understood manner.
- Interest in technology, systems, communications workplaces.
- Creative thinker who can both execute and oversee implementation of tactics.
- Ability to flex between front-line mobilizer and influencer of people versus behind the scenes orchestrator.
- Excellent relationship-building skills; Empathetic listening and interpreting; Effective summarizing and concluding.
- Demonstrated project management skills and highly organized.
- Articulate, persuasive and employs a growth mindset.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
More Jobs From