Jackpocket is the first mobile lottery app in the U.S. that offers players a secure way to order official state lottery tickets, such as Powerball, Mega Millions, and more, via their smartphones. We're creating a more convenient, fun, and responsible way to play the lottery by modernizing the $300B global lottery market with a mobile platform that everyone, including grandma, can feel good about.
As the Director of Analytics, you will lead and grow the Analytics team and ensure that the business in its various departments understands its own health, finds growth levers, and identifies opportunities for optimization. This critical role will lead the business through all efforts that drive business performance and potential by working with Engineering to build out analytics infrastructure. The role will require getting your hands dirty and solving hard analytical problems for the business, taking a seat at the table alongside Marketing, Product, and Strategy.
Support the needs of Marketing/CRM, Product, and Strategy. This leader is responsible for producing analytics as well as insights, and will both guide and do some of the work themselves across a wide area of responsibilities, including:
Marketing & Product
- Paid acquisition optimization, including CAC/LTV forecasting, multi-attribution models
- Television, radio, and other ATL (above the line) geo-lift attribution
- Brand awareness/affinity metrics
- User segmentation and cohort retention analysis
- Dig deeper into the drivers for performance / funnel optimization; improve monetization for key features and onboarding
- Best practices for A/B testing, consistent analysis and reporting of results
Strategy & Finance
- Standardize KPIs and dashboards
- Ensure solid understanding of and control over our core financial engine
- Define business questions that need to be answered and determine appropriate analytics models, in addition to identifying and readying relevant data sources for analysis
- Review and refine business cases related to various company opportunities whether it be cost savings analysis, pricing analysis, impact to players post launch, etc.
- Bachelors degree (Masters preferred) in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or another quantitative field
- 5-7 years of experience in a data analyst or data warehousing position, preferably with a focus on e-commerce, i-gaming, or other customer business models driven by in-app purchases
- Proven and successful experience in the execution of data analytics initiatives, leading to the development of useful insights and the improvement of a businesss performance and driving top-line growth; highly skilled in SQL, Python a plus
- Knowledge of big data systems like Elasticsearch, BigQuery, Hadoop, or a comparable technology
- Experienced with mobile acquisition and retention modeling
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities and data driven decision making
- Past experience with BI tools (ex.Tableau, Looker), predictive modeling, and data mining
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form; intellectually curious, driven, and a strong critical thinker
- Comfortable working in a startup environment: demonstrated ability to prioritize, be proactive, contribute under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.