Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for two consecutive years.
Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You’ll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, or playing in the cloud. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, synergetic group, you’ll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their dearest assets.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in building from ground-up a world-class 24/7/365 Network Operation Center (NOC)
- Provide 1st level support troubleshooting all production related issues in a 24/7/365, Network Operations Center
- Execution of runbook troubleshooting, escalations and resolution stewardship
- Maintaining, guiding and leading all communication during production related incidents
- Execution of operational tasks in our public and private cloud environments
- A proven track record of exercising good judgment and handling constantly changing priorities in a positive, professional environment
- Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in hardware and application performance to assist senior technical personnel to predict future issues or outages
- Assist with knowledge base articles and procedures. Provide documented resolution information with team members to resolve future issue faster
- Utilize monitoring tools and assist in the creation of proactive monitoring practices to ensure system availability, functionality, and performance 24/7
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact
- Central point of contact for internal teams and outside vendors as issues or alerts arise
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience supporting both public and private cloud environments
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with technical operations and software development support that worked on enterprise scale, mission critical, highly available Linux systems
- 3-5 years experience working with industry-standard monitoring and alerting tools
- 3-5 years experience working in a 24x7 mission critical NOC environment
- Exceptional situational awareness and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills, able to adapt and quickly learn new ideas
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with the following tools: Jira, Confluence, Grafana, CloudWatch, StatusCake, PagerDuty, Sensu, ELK
- ITIL, Agile (Scrum)
- Understanding of Incident/Problem/Change Management
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.