Network Operations Manager
The Network Operations Manager leads all aspects of the SIGFOX network operations responsibilities across the United States. Working closely with the Network Operations Center (NOC), field resources, internal SIGFOX Support team and customers to resolve technical issues and ensure Service Level Agreement (SLA) are met. The manager must have experience working with general contractors, tower companies, property owners, and managers that have infrastructure hosting SIGFOX equipment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Build a culture of customer satisfaction based on operational excellence, big picture understanding, continuous improvement, and proactive thinking.
- Oversee day to day network operations, escalations, ticketing, and communications with internal and external customers.
- Develop, update and maintain new processes and procedures working with the NOC and SIGFOX Support team.
- Coordinate contractors and maintenance providers for site maintenance, site upgrades and construction projects
- Continuously improve and develop systems to proactively monitor SIGFOX U.S. Network.
- Hire, train and manage network operations engineers and technicians, assuring they understand their roles and responsibilities, prioritizing and assigning daily workloads and conducting performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Provide a timely response to all network troubles, both service affecting and non-service affecting; responding to after-hours outages and emergency on a 12x7x365 basis, as necessary.
- Manage spare equipment and ordering inventory to sustain the high quality functionality of the network.
- Ownership of the repair and maintenance (R&M) and RMA processes.
- Keen focus on network performance and reliability leading to the highest quality customer experience.
- Ensure notifications and updates are provided in a routine and scalable fashion to all members of customer, sales, engineering, and executive leadership team.
- Enable detailed post-mortem reporting and reviews for all major issues effecting system performance.
- Provide hand’s-on leadership in managing technically complex installations, including frequent implementation and acceptance of new hardware installed on customer premise.
- Work closely with other departments to assure that the voice of Operations is appropriately represented in product and implementation strategy.
- Write, review and issue technical bulletins for distributions with in engineering and operations.
Qualifications & education requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical discipline is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10+ years support delivery management experience, start-up experience useful.
- 10+ years’ experience with telecommunications network engineering and operations.
- 5+ years in management and leading teams through adversity and fast growth.
- Strong operational leader who can effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Track record of successful organizational, communication, interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has the ability to rapidly redirect according to network demands.
- Technical ability to understand product and field installation details.
- Strong Customer-focused with desire and ability to deliver exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Able to multi-task and be responsive/flexible to field needs at relatively short notice.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Project).
- French language verbal and written proficiency is highly desired.
- PMP or Project Management formal training.
- Telecommunications construction management experience.
- Working knowledge in IoT.
SIGFOX is the world’s leading provider of global, simple, cost-effective and energy-efficient connectivity and services for the Internet of Things (IoT) that any company can use to create new business models, accelerate digital transformations and generate new value, right now. In just five years the company has moved on from being a low power wide area (LPWA) pioneer and leader to being a full-scale IoT communications service provider. Today, SIGFOX is the world’s unique provider of a subscription-based LPWA communications offer with an international coverage and service commitment. This marks the start of a new era that goes beyond technology enablement and focuses on accelerating the business of the IoT.
SIGFOX’s unique solution is based on a dedicated network being rolled out globally, that delivers ubiquitous connectivity to billions of objects that will use the IoT.
Founded in 2009, SIGFOX is a profitable, privately-held company currently employing over 200 people, headquartered in France, with offices in Boston & San Francisco, Dubai, Madrid, Munich and Singapore. Today the SIGFOX global network is presently available or being rolled out in more than 24 countries including France, Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands, UK Luxembourg, Belgium, Denmark, Czech Republic, Italy, Ireland, Mauritius Island, Germany, the US, Australia and New Zealand, to name a few!