About the position
This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to participate in two of the fastest growing segments of the Internet – SaaS and the Cloud! Get in on the ground floor at Everbridge, the market leader for Incident Management and Communications solutions.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer is responsible for proactive monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolution of incidents in support of mission critical platforms. This position will also be responsible for initial troubleshooting of production issues, escalation as required, hands on testing and full reporting. Candidate must have experience in a high-availability (24x7) environment. The NOC Engineer will administratively document and communicate issues from start to finish including resolution reporting and root cause analysis.
- Schedule is based on a 4/10 work week.
- Wednesday through Saturday 6 am – 5 pm ET
- Monitor all production networks, servers, applications and services and respond to alerts according to standard process
- Own and manage NOC incidents from inception through resolution.
- Thorough documentation of incident and problem details in near real-time.
- Ensure SLA’s are met for the systems and NOC.
- Create and maintain knowledge base articles, policies and procedures
- Execute documented run books as documented for diagnosis and remediation of issues
Requirements and Skills:
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a 24x7 mission critical Network or Technical Operations Center environment.
- 3+ years of Strong experience maintaining, managing and monitoring remote servers running Linux/Unix production environments, networking and security concepts and have a good understanding of TCP/IP, routing and switching technologies / protocols.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills with attention details.
- Experience with enterprise class monitoring/management systems (e.g. Nagios, Cacti, etc.)
- Must be willing to work weekends, overnight shifts and holidays when needed
- Must have knowledge of basic SQL and MongoDB Queries.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently address customer needs by providing solutions to customer issues or escalating to another support group when necessary
- Ability to think out of the box and be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust priority dynamically and maintain a professional demeanor during stressful situations
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with systems automation (e.g. Puppet/Chef/etc.)
- Experience with multiple data center environments
- Experience with virtualization technologies
About the company:
Everbridge is the leading critical communications platform trusted by corporations and communities of all sizes to connect the right people for real-time collaboration and response. Connecting more than 100 million people and internet-enabled devices, the company assures that secure, compliant communications are delivered and confirmed, whether locally or globally.
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.