.NET Software Engineer
Here are some of the problems we get to solve:
- How can we make it easy for innovative businesses to accept and track LevelUp sales, discounts, gift cards and tips so they can keep their most loyal customers happy?
- How can we integrate LevelUp as a first class payment method into platforms as diverse as Android and iOS mobile devices, Windows based applications, mobile and web based eCommerce platforms and more?
- How can we deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain our software out in the real-world under less-than-ideal conditions?
- How do we ensure our code is robust, stable, and complete?
Here’s how you’ll be spending your time:
- C# and .NET software development to support new LevelUp features on existing supported POS systems and build LevelUp into new unsupported POS systems.
- Design and implementation of our C# .NET API used by our internal team and third party developers to build LevelUp into POS systems.
- Build and maintain automated integration and unit tests.
- Collaborate internally with customer account teams and externally with technical partners to deliver a robust and fully featured product that LevelUp merchants and consumers count on every day.
- Provide guidance and support to technology partners and third party software developers to integrate LevelUp into their POS and eCommerce products.
How you’ll know you’re a fit for our team:
- 4+ years professional software development experience in a modern object oriented language with a focus on .NET technologies preferred
- Experience with object oriented coding and design principles
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Self-directed, solution-oriented problem solver who enjoys owning projects from design through release and beyond
- Familiarity with a variety of software engineering tools including but not limited to version control systems, debuggers, test tools, and release management software
- Interest and desire to learn and spread knowledge
- Computer Science degree or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency with Nerf® weaponry a plus
Move to the front of the line if you also have:
- Experience managing software releases and dependencies using Continuous Integration tools, NuGet, Chocolatey, etc.
- UI expertise on Microsoft Windows (WPF, WinForms)
- Experience with mobile development (Android, iOS, or Windows Phone)
- Development experience with an Open Source community driven software project
- POS or eCommerce software development experience
What you could learn while working with us:
- Experience building and maintaining a diverse platform upon which many integrations are built
- SDK and API design and support for a variety of programming platforms/languages
- How to design and utilize RESTful web service APIs
- Distributed version control expertise with Git
- High-value knowledge developing software for point-of-sale systems
- Expertise producing high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and vetted by a thorough QA process which includes manual and automated testing
Benefits & Perks
- Free catered lunches daily from the businesses in the LevelUp ecosystem
- A never ending amount of coffee beans to make whatever satiates your palate (Americano, Latte, Espresso, Regular Cup O Joe)
- Strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, fully paid for by LevelUp and 401(k) with company match
- Convenient access to the MBTA via red, green & orange line (Downtown Crossing, Park Street, and South Station are only a few blocks away)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.