NCC / OCCA Engineer
Friday July 06, 2012
100 Cummings Center Suite 243-C
Duties & Responsibilities
Implementation and Technical Delivery
- Prepare and maintain all Configuration documentation for the NCC solution in accordance with the functionality specified in the Solution Design (SD). This documentation is prepared in consultation with the customer's business units to ensure consistency and completeness of the deployed solution.
- Prepare and maintain the Implementation Plan for the NCC solution components to ensure accurate delivery as well as provide as-built documentation for each deployment.
- Prepare and maintain all required Testing documentation for release to the customer. So demonstrate the NCC solution's adherence to the agreed requirements.
- Plan and execute staging assembly, configuration, and testing of the solution planned for deployment in accordance with the developed documentation.
- Plan and execute onsite assembly, configuration, and testing of the solution for deployment in the customer's environment in accordance with the developed documentation.
- Manage dependencies and constraints during solution deployment to ensure smooth transitions to the NCC Support organisation.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of onsite implementation, configuration, and testing processes and methods.
Essential Skills & Experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience with network and multimedia components in mobile, fixed, or Internet telecommunications environments.
- Experience with Unix (preferably Solaris), including scripting (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Oracle-specific and/or generic SQL database concepts and operation, including scripting.
- Experience with the protocols used by NCC products, including TCP/IP, SS7, INAP, CAMEL, MAP, H323, Sigtran (and its related subsets), etc.
- Experience with different stages of software development lifecycles and software development fundamentals.
- Experience with the creation and execution of test strategies, plans, and scripts.
- Excellent English oral and written communications skills.
- Quickly learn new skills and technologies.
- Quickly gain credibility and build successful relationships with customers, third parties, and NCC staff. This is especially so at a technical level.
- Work effectively with people across multiple organisational, functional, geographic and cultural boundaries, and across a wide spectrum of technical and professional skills.
- Work autonomously as and when required.
- Pragmatic and delivery focused.
- Set standards and lead by example.
- Customer-focused and professional.
- Constantly seek to improve themselves, their team and NCC.
- A team player.
- Structured, clear, and logical thinking with a focus on delivering quality on time.