Want to join a team of passionate engineers who are excited to work at the intersection of fitness and mobile technology? Come join our team, a Boston-based mobile company with more than 50M users worldwide. A little bit about our app, Runkeeper transforms your phone into a personal trainer, helping you track your activities, set your goals, and stay motivated to go that extra mile.
We are looking for Mobile QA Co-ops to test key functionality and infrastructure across the entire Runkeeper system in areas such as fitness tracking, coaching, social features, analytics and device integration. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for real world experience in a startup and exposure to the many different roles and processes in the Software Engineering Industry. And while we are a fast moving company, many of us are not fast (or even moderately fast) runners. The idea of helping make the world a healthier place is the most rewarding piece for us.
What you’ll learn:
- Cutting edge technology including Mobile and Wearables
- Exposure to different real world software roles and processes
- QA principles including regression and automation
- Agile and Scrum software development processes
What you bring to the table:
- Currently enrolled in a BS/MS program in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- A desire to learn new things and seize opportunities when they arise
What you'll do:
- Improve the overall quality of a great consumer mobile app
- Test new functionality in our iPhone and Android apps, and the web and server applications that support them
- Execute regression test plans to ensure quality of existing functionality
- Identify and document bugs, their root cause, and their priority
- Increase our overall automated testing coverage
- Work with other members of the team in Engineering, Support, Design, and Product Management to advocate for overall quality
Location: 1 Winthrop Square, Boston, MA 02110
We've got a great location in Downtown Boston right by Downtown Crossing, Park Street, South Station, and State Street T Stops. Food choices galore!