As the Manager of Consumer Retention you will be responsible for evolving and expanding CarGurus’ consumer offering to increase repeat traffic and long term customer engagement. The successful candidate will be customer-focused almost to a fault, with a passion for bringing together insights, creativity and innovation to make the CarGurus user experience more “sticky” and valuable for consumers.
- Provide thought leadership to optimize and expand CarGurus’ email marketing and broader customer retention programs
- Conceptualize, test and optimize new high-value consumer offerings that enable CarGurus to play a broader role in consumers’ car ownership cycle, not just the shopping process.
- Build programs to increase the percentage of visitors who participate in the CarGurus community by contributing user-generated content.
- Partner actively with engineering team to test, measure and optimize new retention-focused site features and optimizations to CarGurus’ email marketing program.
- Work cross-functionally to create or package highly compelling data, editorial content or offers to deepen CarGurus’ relationship with consumers.
- Contribute significantly to making CarGurus the brand of choice for consumers’ car shopping and ownership needs, driving measurable growth in repeat traffic to the site.
- Develop, monitor and optimize Customer Retention KPIs
- 5+ years of comparable marketing/product management experience.
- Familiarity with email marketing best practices and/or consumer web product management preferred but not required.
- Superior analytic skills and expertise in using data to identify opportunities and measure the success of your programs.
- Customer-first mindset – you’re always looking for creative and innovative ways to make the experience better, easier, and more rewarding for consumers.
- Strong test-and-learn mentality to get ideas to market quickly and iteratively build on those that show promise
- Must be a strong team player that works well in collaborative situations and is comfortable working closely with/through engineering.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- BS/BA from a top school required; MBA a plus.