Manager, Training & Delivery
Monday August 20, 2012
27-43 Wormwood Street
Rethink Robotics is developing a family of low cost and highly intelligent robots that can perform simple tasks in a manufacturing environment, increasing the productivity of the people around them who are doing the more highly skilled and value-added work. The Company is based in Boston's Innovation District and was founded by Rodney Brooks, former Director of the MIT Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, and a co-Founder of iRobot Corporation. Rethink's robots can be taken out of the box, taught a task by an untrained factory worker, and be productive in a few hours, eliminating the need for systems integration. They are safe to interact with people at close range and are easy to train and retrain on the fly. They are nothing like any existing industrial robots.
Rethink Robotics is revolutionizing manufacturing robots, and the very nature of what people think a robot can do and be. More importantly, we are driving a new economic reality, making it more competitive to manufacture products in the US, Europe, and Japan, rather than outsourcing to low-cost regions.
The Manager, Training Development & Delivery will be an intrinsic part of a dynamic, collaborative team that believes deeply in the value of what we are doing and that we can achieve it. We think big, but we have a bias for action and "making it happen." While we're changing the world with our visionary invention, we know that customers only pay for successful execution--so we're focused on both. We're out in front anticipating our customers' needs, ahead of the technology, and ahead of expectations. We're humble, we're great, and we're unconventional. Changing the world has never been this much fun.
Manager, Training Development & Delivery Mission & Responsibilities
- Develop training programs, courses and materials to support delivery and service of Rethink Robotics products, including developing all courseware, documentation and a certification process for instructors and technicians. Training required will include operator/user training, maintenance training (various levels) and new equipment training
- Develop web-based training and e-learning modules for use on Service and Support website, including synchronous and asynchronous online training
- Train Field Application Engineers, internal and Reseller sales force personnel and others to provide operator/user training
- Train Field Application Engineers, Reseller technicians, depot repair technicians and other personnel to provide repair services at customer sites and at repair facilities
- Work with other functional areas, including Technical Writers, Engineering and Sales to coordinate all training deliverables required to support system delivery timelines
- Actively participate in functional/technical design reviews as required for training-related issues
- Develop training and support documentation to support new/changing system functionality and business processes. Develop/assist and implement training programs for internal customers to increase product knowledge, confidence and effectiveness
Key Skills & Experience Required
- BS/BA in a related field plus a minimum of 7 years experience as an instructor for technical training and demonstrations and/or as a Training Developer for technical training
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with extensive prior customer-facing experience and demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Excel, Project, Word, PDM, ERP and CRM applications
- Very organized with strong problem solving, analytical and multi-tasking skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Ambitious, agile, highly motivated team player with experience working in a dynamic, start-up environment
- Position requires travel to customer sites