- Internalize Carbonite’s culture and values. This is a key to future success.
- Work closely with managers and HR Business Partners to clearly understand their departments’ training needs
- Develop L&D strategy and action plan
- Drive consistent implementation of training practices to each location.
- Identify metrics for training program success.
- Design and Develop New Manager Training Program
- Review skills content vendors. Prepare for LMS implementation in 2018
- Lead the process and the people participating in each assignment.
- Ensure an outstanding experience for every employee who participates in training.
Six to twelve months and beyond:
All of the above, plus:
- Lead and drive Carbonite’s continuous improvement in training. The talent team’s long-term mission is to foster a culture of learning and development so that we can attract and retain our top talent.
- Continually deepen relationships with hiring managers to become an integral partner who directly impacts their success.
- Collaborate with business leaders on development activities (speakers/activities/leader lead trainings) that are aligned with employee development needs and training plans for key initiatives, such as leadership development and management training.
- Develop and enhance learning and development programs and materials to improve organizational performance and support professional growth and development.
- Engage internal subject matter experts as needed to address specific training needs.
- Collaborate with HR colleagues to leverage their expertise and best current practices.
- Deliver programs for maximum transfer of learning and application to the job.
- Drive follow-through to maximize transfer of knowledge, skills and capabilities to the job.
- Research and recommend best practices.
Make L&D a strategic priority for the Company’s Managers
Evangelize the prime importance of L&D as a strategic business priority. Gain buy-in from all Carbonite’s managers. Imbue entire organization with the appropriate learning mindset. Partner with management to align training requirements with the Company’s strategy.
Create and Implement a Talent Management Capability
Implement methodologies, processes, and systems that keep L&D at the forefront of managers’ minds, particularly as it relates to developing our key talented employees to keep them engaged and driving business successes.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
Every company wants to have the capability to attract, retain, and develop the best talent. Yet most do that poorly. Why? The simplest explanation is that it is not easy. Achieving the mission of the Talent Team will be a major challenge—and doing it successfully will be a major achievement.
This is clearly a unique opportunity for someone that is passionate about L&D, and wants to move beyond transactional training programs in order to become a strategic player empowered to directly impact business results.
Resumes are important, but successful Carbonistas have very special personality traits that do not fit neatly under a traditional resume heading:
- Work at the edge of their comfort zone; take risks and urge their teammates to do the same.
- Live by the mantra, “change is good.” Are flexible and adaptable; embrace change, not fear it.
- Search for innovative ways to work – never influenced by “that’s how it’s always been done.”
- Say that change is good.” And mean it.
- Care about people, communicating with them, supporting them, and growing with them.
- Strive to be a leader, “walking the walk,” encouraging and supporting other team members.
- Are loyal to the company and to their team mates. We’ve got each other’s backs.
- Approach their responsibilities with a sense of urgency, balanced with the knowledge that speed is more important than haste.
- Are adaptable and flexible, handling changing priorities and conditions professionally.
- Highly developed personal and professional ethics.
- Good sense of humor. Laugh at their mistakes – and learn from them.
Specific Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 7+ years of L&D experience designing and facilitating corporate development programs.
- Must have a passion to build something from scratch and be the one who doesn’t just envision it, but who gets it done too.
- Experience in building Learning and Employee Development strategies tailored to business needs and culture.
- Demonstrated experience in quickly translating learning objectives into innovative learning initiatives that engage and inspire people.
- Creative individual that enjoys the challenge of building rather than maintaining.
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and innovative training delivery methods.
- Experience consulting with leaders and employees at all levels.
- Superior facilitation and presentation skills and stand-up training experience.
- Excellent project management skills. Must be adept at keeping multiple projects on track.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Certification in coaching, assessment instruments, and various managerial programs a plus.
- Occasional travel required.
In 2005, Carbonite introduced a new way to protect computer files, quickly becoming one of the leading providers of affordable, easy-to-use cloud backup for consumers. Since then we’ve expanded to include a complete range of advanced data protection solutions for today’s sophisticated IT environments.
Today, businesses of all sizes use Carbonite to keep critical data online and accessible no matter what. We’ve delivered consistent growth with more than 30 consecutive quarters of record revenue. We’re rapidly expanding our product portfolio, driving SMB sales growth more than 50% for two consecutive years. Through recent acquisitions of DoubleTake and EVault, we’re uniquely capable of delivering a full complement of backup, disaster recovery and high availability solutions for any size business in any location around the world, all supported by a state-of-the-art global infrastructure.
Carbonite is comprised of more than 1,000 dedicated individuals at locations all over the world. Our headquarters is in the heart of Boston’s bustling Downtown Crossing neighborhood. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With a proven ability to drive both organic and inorganic growth, we’ve set our sights on becoming the undisputed leader in data protection. As a leading provider of cloud solutions and software as a service (SaaS), we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We’re currently adding to our team of skilled professionals, both in the U.S. and globally, to help us keep the momentum going for this year and the future. Are you ready to grow with us?