Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join an agile company that’s building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years. Join us!
Why You Matter
We’re looking for a versatile writer to lead our documentation team in creating effective user assistance for Carbon Black’s industry-leading security products. You’ll help us transform our existing traditional documentation into clear, usable, online micro-doc for both our cloud and on-premise applications.
In this role, you'll be a player-coach for a small team of experienced writers. You’ll help us move from more traditional encyclopedic documentation to just-enough micro-doc delivered where and when users most need it. You’ll also help write and review in-application copy. You’ll work collaboratively with writers, UX, Product, and Engineering to ensure that documentation is accurate, clear, usable, and delivered along with product updates. Reporting to the head of User Experience and working alongside UX researchers, you’ll have excellent access to our customers through our active Design Partners program.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the charge moving to just-enough micro-doc that nonetheless serves user needs.
- Set documentation direction for a team of technical writers with serious documentation chops.
- When new micro-doc processes or approaches are required for continuous delivery in agile, invent them, roll them out, and refine as needed.
- As a master writer, take on writing challenges of high difficulty as needed.
- Collaborate with user experience designers to provide in-situ user assistance.
- Integrate copy recommendations based on usability testing and analysis.
- Ensure copy voice and editorial standards accord with style and brand guidelines.
- Initiate, track and resolve copy-related issues as identified.
- Build effective, collaborative working relationships with scrum teams.
What You’ll Bring
To succeed in this role, you must be a resourceful and detail-oriented UX copywriter or technical writer with a solid understanding of online user behavior and application development.
- 5-7 years’ experience in user assistance.
- Experience managing people, especially in distributed teams.
- Excellent ability to communicate complicated functionality in a complex domain through coherent, accessible documentation.
- Experience with agile-inspired development methodologies.
- Superb ability to switch gears, juggle multiple projects and deliver high quality copy within tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and proven problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related discipline.
- Experience in at least one project in the security technology space is a huge bonus.
- Human Computer Interaction certification or Information Sciences coursework a plus.
- Experience with internationalization and localization projects a plus.
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.