Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years.
The Carbon Black Sales team is the first touch point for our prospects and the reliable ally for our customers. On the Sales team, you’ll be working with by high caliber, smart people who are dedicated to finding the right solution for customer needs. From initially discovering needs to ensuring the overall health of our customers, you’ll build your expertise by being exposed to a number of unique scenarios. Backed by an exceptional leadership team and an organization in hyper-growth, you can expect to have tremendous success and earning potential.
Why You Matter
Carbon Black is seeking a Manager of Customer Success to oversee our commercial level clients within various US territories. We are seeking someone with a proven track record of leading a team of account managers responsible for renewals, and offering innovative solutions to ensure an excellent customer experience. The individual should be comfortable in a fast-paced, high growth environment and proven success in the annual subscription renewal rate of commercial level products.
The Carbon Black CST’s mission is: To ensure that Carbon Black customers utilize best practices to achieve optimal value from our security products. Through this mission, we are able to meet and exceed our goals, including the renewal rate goal. The team does this through a variety of mechanisms including customer calls, webinars, online community, and customer events.
Reporting to the Vice President of Customer Success in a division of the Sales organization, the Manager is responsible for ensuring the team is performing optimally within their territories to achieve its objectives, and interfacing cross functionally to ensure that the company is aligned in providing an excellent customer experience.
What You’ll Do
- Managing and leading a group of 6-7 commercial and small business level CSMs to achieve renewal and customer success goals
- Forecasting the renewal business and delivering results against monthly, quarterly and annual forecast objectives
- Overseeing and assisting the team with pricing, quoting and deal negotiation
- Dissecting deals with the team according to the defined sales methodology
- Ensuring alignment between our customer’s security strategy and Carbon Black’s to continue to grow our partnership with our customers
- Acting as a point of escalation with customers and reacting nimbly to ensure customer issues are addressed quickly
- Foreseeing risk with customers and renewals and implementing mitigation strategies
- Working cross functionally with Product Management, Support, Services and Engineering to ensure that the company optimally provides the features and service that its customers require
- Partnering with Marketing on product marketing initiatives and customer events
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years’ of Customer Success or Account Management within a high growth enterprise software company
- 2-3 years’ experience leading teams with both large and small customer portfolios and understanding on how to optimize for all scenarios
- Solid management skills that emphasizes collaboration and is able to make command decisions when required
- Travel up to 15%
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.