The Business Development team is responsible for supporting the entire sales organization in driving the early stages of the sales cycle to develop qualified sales opportunities. The BDR team partners closely with the inside sales representatives, hybrid account executives and hybrid account managers as well as the Strategic/Enterprise level reps within the corporate, government, and healthcare verticals. The group works within an open environment facilitating collaboration and team work, and is a launching pad into their career in sales.
This is a great opportunity to manage and grow the future sales talent for advancement within Everbridge. We believe in promoting from within and investing in our employees. If you enjoy people, are dedicated to making money and want to work in a fast-paced, business casual environment, this opportunity is for you.
About the Job
Everbridge is seeking a Manager, Business Development to lead, coach, train and mentor the lead generation teams to achieve key business goals on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Key responsibilities for this position include building and scaling sales development teams, recruiting and hiring new sales personnel, and developing the process, policies and programs required to maximize lead generation volume to impact revenue in a rapidly growing sales environment. Specific duties include:
- Provide daily leadership and motivation to the sales development team.
- Implement a repeatable “top of the funnel” sales process and work in a team environment with marketing, sales and business development.
- Serve as the business partner in key sales opportunities and aide all Everbridge sales reps in proving the value of Everbridge solutions that lead to revenue generating opportunities.
- Lead and participate in regular account and territory planning meetings with sales reps in order to achieve vertical, territory, and regional revenue goals.
- Provide coaching, lead development programs and training that continually improves the sales teams’ ability to solution sell via the telephone and web.
- Consistently meet or exceed quota and non-quota based performance objectives.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly, and monthly prospect pipeline.
- Continually monitor the activities of direct reports and provide guidance and direction as needed to achieve (and exceed) daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly sales quotas.
- Coordinate sales distribution by supporting the established sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- BS/BA degree or relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years of sales development related experience e.g. prospecting software sales opportunities, closing software sales business and at least 2 years of sales management related experience.
- Experience qualifying opportunities & selling SaaS products within a land/expand model that involves multiple buyers within multiple verticals and industries.
- Able to demonstrate track record of success.
- Highly motivated and professional with excellent communication skills, highly confident and goal oriented.
- Comfortable communicating with senior level management.
- Experience using Salesforce.com a plus
About the company:
Everbridge is the leading critical communications platform trusted by corporations and communities of all sizes to connect the right people for real-time collaboration and response. Connecting more than 100 million people and internet-enabled devices, the company assures that secure, compliant communications are delivered and confirmed, whether locally or globally. . Everbridge was recently named one of the Boston Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” for 2015!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.