Are you looking for…
- Significant business impact, with visibility to employees at all levels of the organization? Check.
- An open door for creative solutions to meet learning and development needs?
- The chance to work with a hyper growth company in the white-hot IT security sector where employees are empowered to take their career to the next level?
Maybe you’re a serial podcaster, an iMovie whiz, or a Final Cut Pro fanatic. Perhaps you’re an Adobe Presenter pundit, or simply skilled in SCORM? Join a growing momentum-building team as investment in People Development programs ramps up at Rapid7! You want in? We want you!
The Learning Technologist will partner with People Development and the broader People Strategy team in creating and scaling formal and informal learning and training programs (through Audio, Visual, LMS, and other learning technologies) for all employees at Rapid7.
Priority #1: you are passionate about continuous learning. Priority #2: you’re excited to tackle learning from entirely new perspectives. If we fail, we fail fast, and try again! As employee learning needs change, our programs must, too. You thrive in this fast paced change-oriented environment. You’re not afraid to tackle tasks independently; however, “collaboration” is your middle name.
Specific responsibilities surrounding this role include:
- Partner with the People Development team and Rapid7 SMEs to create audio and visual learning materials. These could include a podcast, a screencast, a short video, a SCORM compliant course, or any/all of the above, and more! You will be the team “go to” for all of the above.
- Manage the tactical aspects of our Learning Management System. (Don’t have a ton of LMS experience? That’s OK, too—you’ll learn!) Specific tasks would include: uploading system content, partnering with managers to create curriculums within the system, partnering with leaders to solve for reporting needs, finding new ways to utilize system capabilities to scale and meet learner needs.
- Recommend technologies to help employees learn. We have access to Camtasia, Audacity, Final Cut Pro, and more, but welcome you to make learning technology recommendations for both the team and the company. What learning technologies will best set us up for success going forward? You are “in the know” when it comes to technology; you love to learn new ones, and are a master of ones used in the past and present.
The right individual will bring a passion for learning technology, at least an intermediate skill set for audio-visual material creation/delivery, and an eagerness to master Learning Management System administration (though a year or two of experience with an LMS won’t hurt!) You have a desire to scale employee learning programs in the years ahead. You embrace the opportunity to try new learning technologies.
Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2+ years of audio-visual material creation.
- Previous LMS and e-Learning experience helpful.
- Passion for learning technology, and best practices in the field.
- Guru of organization and time management.
- Strong attention to detail, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently when necessary; however, collaborate when appropriate.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Rapid7 is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organizations to implement an active, analytics-driven approach to cyber security. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users. Our solutions empower organizations to prevent attacks by providing visibility into vulnerabilities and to rapidly detect compromises, respond to breaches, and correct the underlying causes of attacks. Rapid7 is trusted by more than 4,150 organizations across 90 countries, including 34% of the Fortune 1000. To learn more about Rapid7 or get involved in our threat research, visit www.rapid7.com.