Monday November 12, 2012
Lead Web Architect for Dynamic Communications Technology Company
Job Title: Lead Web Architect
Company: Plum Voice (www.plumvoice.com)
Hours per Week: Full-time position
Compensation commensurate with experience
Plum Voice seeks a Lead Web Architect to be player/coach for a web product development team in our Boston office. Tired of corporate? So were we. We’re looking for someone who wants to work and grow in a start-up atmosphere, but for an established, stable, and profitable company.
• Write code as a member of the team.
• Provide design and engineering direction as leader of the team.
• Influence product direction and lifecycle, shape the development process.
• See projects through from start to finish.
• Create a variety of web and communication technology products.
• Work on large-scale enterprise web applications for B2B.
• 3-5 years experience as a PHP developer.
• Proven experience building complex web applications with PHP using a MVC framework such as Kohana, CodeIgnitor or CakePHP.
• Strong knowledge of PHP, jQuery, MySQL, Linux, HTML, and CSS.
• Outstanding leadership skills.
• Excellent communication skills in a very collaborative environment.
• Solid attention to detail.
• Enthusiasm, high energy and a tremendous work ethic.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and see them through to completion.
• Flexibility (we all wear multiple hats).
We create innovative products that help businesses manage their communications technology needs through web, SMS, and IVR (interactive voice response) platforms and services.
We’ve been around for over a decade, but we’ve kept to our start-up roots. We’re focused on cutting-edge technologies and business practices in a youthful, non-corporate, employee-focused, egalitarian culture. We offer competitive salary, 100% employer-paid healthcare, casual dress, discount commuter pass, your choice of a laptop and smart phone with voice and data plan, and an environment that stresses team over hierarchy. We have offices in New York, Boston and Denver.
We all take an intelligent, thoughtful, creative approach to everything we do. As a small, high-growth company, we need people who are smart, motivated, independent and hard-working enough to adapt to various roles, accept numerous responsibilities and get work done without needing micromanagement.
Check Out Our Products
We believe in creating open and accessible products. Please access our platforms and docs (links below) to see what you’ll be working.
Send cover letter + resume + URLs for sites you were involved in building to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship of any kind; no H1-B Visa corp-corp sponsorship or transfers offered.)
Find us on Social Media: