Rapid7 is currently looking for a Manager of User Experience Research to join our team in Cambridge, MA. The ideal candidate will be a customer advocate by fully understanding our customers’ needs and goals. To do this, you will lead a team of UX Researchers and work with cross-product teams to identify research topics. Then, you will plan and execute qualitative and quantitative user research initiatives that inform design decisions across our product suite during the entire product design cycle. Following your analysis, you will deliver exciting oral, written and visual presentations about your findings. The end result will be to convey insights that make our products more intuitive, satisfying, and easy to learn for our customers.
- Manage a team of UX Researchers that are advocates for our customers by focusing on understanding who our customers are, what their goals, behaviors, needs and motivations are, and to use that knowledge to offer actionable insights, which will help to deliver exceptional digital experiences.
- Work with UX Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Design and implement qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis, including interviews, contextual inquiry, Usability Testing, Card Sorting, A/B Testing, Surveys, and Heuristic Evaluations.
- Deliver research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- B.S. in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field is preferred.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience, including experience leading UX Researchers and integrating user research into product designs, design practices and usability analysis.
- Strong understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Superior verbal and written presentation skills to communicate clear, concise findings and actionable recommendations to UX Designers, Product Managers, and Executives.
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis, including interviews, contextual inquiry, Usability Testing, Card Sorting, A/B Testing, Surveys, and Heuristic Evaluations.
- Must be organized, be able to act independently with general guidance from the VP Experience Design, and be able to switch rapidly between different projects and tasks within a fast-paced and exciting environment.
With Rapid7, technology professionals gain the clarity, command, and confidence to safely drive innovation and protect against risk. We make it simple to collect operational data across systems, eliminating blind spots and unlocking the information required to securely develop, operate, and manage today’s sophisticated applications and services. Our analytics and science transform your data into key insights so you can quickly predict, deter, detect, and remediate attacks and obstacles to productivity. Armed with Rapid7, technology professionals finally gain the insights needed to safely move their business forward. Rapid7 is trusted by more than 5,800 organizations across over 110 countries, including 37% of the Fortune 1000.