Thursday January 24, 2013
Rue La La is a new breed of e-commerce marketing partner for world-class
brands. A leader in the online private sale space, Rue La La revolutionized
online shopping for the world’s most desirable brands and the customers who
have to have them. This is the invitation-only destination for a life of style.
Where Members delight in discovering private sale Boutiques that open daily –
and stay open only for a short time. A community where Members shape the
experience – and enhance the excitement – by inviting their friends. A highly
effective channel for brands in apparel, accessories, footwear, home, travel,
wine, gourmet food, local services and more to meet and exceed business goals.
The company’s mission is to partner with these innovative and sought-after brands (currently over 500 of the best and counting), offering them a powerful online sales and marketing opportunity by introducing them to a highly motivated Member base and enabling them to move merchandise in a private selling environment. And Rue La La does so with one key mantra – it respects and maintains the core integrity of each and every brand with which they partner.
Rue La La is a privately held e-commerce and marketing services company. Headquartered in Boston, Rue La La continues to expand its presence in New York by building out merchandise, marketing and sales capabilities in its Bryant Park office. The company’s success is largely due to unmatched capabilities in customer experience, merchandising, technology, production and logistics. The culture is defined by the 350-plus Associates, who make it happen every day – people who love style, live for innovation, and share a commitment to exceeding Member and brand partner expectations.
• Develop new and existing Rue La La iOS products
• Involved in new feature conception, design, and development of the next generation of Rue La La iOS applications
• Full lifecycle of application development, testing, and debugging
• AGILE prototyping as part of new feature development and product demonstrations
• Work effectively with multiple business groups including Product Management and QA
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Have IOS applications available or in review (Apple App Store)
• Strong experience in iPhone/iPad development and debugging
• Familiar with all common UIKit APIs and Interface Builder
• Experience with asynchronous networking in a client-server environment
• Familiarity with multi-threaded programming in a mobile context
• Mobile API and SDK development experience is a plus, as is Agile development experience
• Ability to operate in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial start-up environment
• Ability to work hard and have a lot of fun at the same time
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;