At Rapid7, you’ll join a world class team of thinkers and problem solvers who prioritize individual growth and team collaboration over ego and attitude, while building products that solve the world’s toughest security challenges.
You’ll deliver the future of the Komand Security Automation and Orchestration Platform, leading major development projects, and working closely with other engineers, UX designers, and product owners. In addition to being responsible for feature delivery, you’ll participate in every aspect of product development from design and planning, through implementation, code reviews and testing, to deployment.
Successful candidates should not only be technology wizards, but have a demonstrated focus on solving customer problems and have experience leading complex projects. You should love being part of a challenging and fast-paced engineering environment, delivering new features quickly with quality. You’ll have the opportunity to mentor junior employees as you grow your own career as a technology leader.
- 6+ years software engineering experience including technical leadership
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Familiarity with making software development decisions from conception and design to implementation and shipping in production
- Track record of designing and implementing complex and scalable software services
- Experience with performance benchmarking and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid grasp on writing testable code, and can mentor others in the practice
- Strong knowledge of SQL, including writing and optimizing high performance queries
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Experience with message queues or similar technologies (RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc)
Nice to Have
- Experience with Golang development and common tooling
- Docker, rkt, or other container experience
- Container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesosphere, etc.)