Lead Rails Developer
Tuesday July 10, 2012
902 Broadway 4th Floor
Craft Coffee sells amazing coffee experiences. We're building a powerful, global brand by reaching into our customers' everyday rituals, and delivering a disruptively amazing experience.
Our first product is a monthly subscription coffee tasting box. We currently ship our tasting boxes to hundreds of paying subscribers each month in 41 states, as well as Canada, UK, France, Iceland, Japan, Singapore and Australia. From Brooklyn to London to Tokyo, our subscribers are telling us that we are changing the way they enjoy their daily coffee.
We're backed by a global, top-tier group of investors, including Dave McClure's 500 Startups. We've been featured in The Wall Street Journal ("Through a meticulous tasting process, each month Craft Coffee selects standouts from three of the country's top boutique roasters and offers them as an artisanal greatest-hits package.") and Tasting Table ("Your morning just found more glory.").
Our Culture & Our Company
- We're focused on metrics, analytics and building an app that
innovates around product. You'll be on the vanguard of online commerce.
This is not about building yet another shopping cart.
- Most of the popular commerce startups in NYC right now were
founded by MBAs who can't read code. We're different. Our founder
codes in Rails.
- You'll take the lead in developing the product for a global
commerce company with paying customers in 47 states and 9 countries
around the world.
- We have an endless supply of the best coffee in the world. Seriously.
- Scroll through a couple pages of our Blog and Twitter feed to see what we're all about.
- You'll be the first full-time developer at the company.
- You'll work in Rails 3 with a clean codebase, and integrate with modern APIs.
- You'll need to be comfortable working on the full stack from frontend to server admin.
- You'll take occassional breaks to sample some of the best coffees in the world with NYC's top coffee professionals.
- Rails 3; Clean codebase
- We just migrated the app over to Rails 3.1. Fresh code base with no legacy code.
- We use Github to host our repos and Capistrano to deploy.
- We deploy to multiple environments (staging and production) with the capistrano-ext gem.
- We have strong test coverage in place.
You Should Have
- At least 3-5 years of prior experience building web apps.
- You must have significant experience working in Rails and with JS/JQuery. We understand that talented developers can learn Rails quickly, but as our principal developer we need you to hit the ground running.
- Experience developing ecommerce sites is a major plus. We've seen many developers underestimate the challenge of commerce. Prior experience with Spree commerce is a plus.
- Please e-mail us a copy of your resume and tell us why you're the right person for the job.
- We're looking for people who really want to work at Craft Coffee. Not just at a startup. Not just in NYC.
- To make it past the archive button in Mike's inbox, convince him that you really want to work here.