Lead Mobile Developer
Go Ahead Tours
We’re looking for an ambitious, talented and forward-thinking Lead Mobile Developer to join our team. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to work closely with the mobile team to come up with new features and improve existing features for our current and upcoming iPhone & Android apps.
Join us and help take the travel experience to the next level for tens of thousands of travelers. As a lead developer for Go Ahead Tours you will be responsible for a small autonomous and agile team. Your work will make it to the AppStore and will be seen by tens of thousands of our customers. We’re looking for a creative developer who isn’t afraid to think outside the box.
- Business ownership of in-house built mobile technology solutions, working closely with the development in Boston, US
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our iPhone & Android applications
- Work closely with the Product Owner to gather, analyze and document requirements for enhancements
- Help scale, manage and mentor a team of developers
Desired skills and competencies
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of experience as a mobile developer.
- Highly organized individual with a systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to effectively prioritize with the Product Owner and help manage projects
- Working knowledge of cross platform technologies (such as Xamarin)
- Experience using Mac OS, XCode, version-control software (such as Git, Mercurial, SVN…)
- Experience using RESTful API’s is a plus
- Ability to translate business requests into concise, structured system requirements
Go Ahead Tours offers industry-leading guided group tours to destinations that span all seven continents. For more information, visit www.goaheadtours.com.
Go Ahead Tours is a division of EF Education First. Founded in 1965 by entrepreneur Bertil Hult, EF is a privately-held company with 15 divisions that offer a range of educational programs from language training, educational travel, and academic degrees to cultural exchanges. With a mission to open the world through education, EF has helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
EF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.