American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Junior Physician Recruiter. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Junior Physician Recruiter will play a critical role in the Online Care Group. Specifically, the Junior Physician Recruiter works as part of a team supporting clinicians who are interested in practicing telehealth part-time with the Online Care Group (OCG). OCG is a nationwide, multi-specialty medical group that practices exclusively on American Well’s telehealth platforms.
The Recruiter is responsible for fully utilizing multiple recruiting resources (job boards, social media, career web sites, professional organizations, and other possible channels) to source, recruit, and interview, independent contractor clinicians who are interested in practicing with the OCG. Additionally, the Recruiter may be involved in guiding and supporting clinicians through the Group’s very thorough credentialing verification process. You do not need prior recruitment experience.
• Develop and maintain a strong and plentiful candidate pipeline through strategic sourcing, including: networking, job board and social media utilization.
• Interview and screen candidates per the OCG’s requirements. Present recommendations to physician leadership team for interview.
• Utilize and manage applicant tracking programs.
• Supporting interested clinicians with hiring documents, credentialing information and training materials.
• Maintain positive candidate relationships
• Manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects that require detail-orientation.
• Superior sales skills to close provider contracts
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• 0-2 years healthcare experience preferred, preferably in directly working with and supporting clinicians.
• Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Sound decision making ability.
• Recruiting experience preferred, but not required.
Should you join American Well and the Online Care Group team, you can expect:
The Online Care Group is a fast growing, fast paced clinical services team who works directly with onboarding clinicians to offer flexible physician jobs that connect patients through live, video visits. Care is delivered utilizing American Well’s Online Care system, AmWell, as well as 30+ client-branded systems in which you will play a key role in supporting.
The Online Care Group currently provides multiple services to the general public, as well as multiple employer groups and health plans. Ranging from Urgent Care to Psychiatry services, Online Care Group operates in 45+ states, with the expectation of expanding to all 50 states in the future.
Online Care allows patients and consumers to connect with physicians immediately, through a new and innovative technology known as Telemedicine. Whether a patient has the flu or a general health question, they can access the professional help of our Online Care Group providers from the comfort of their home or office. The innovation uses advanced Web-based technologies and telephony to remove traditional barriers to healthcare access, including insurance coverage, geography, mobility and time constraints.
The Online Care Group is comprised of 4 key areas: Network Operations, Quality Care, Credentialing and Recruitment. We all work together in efforts to help find the best doctors to work on the platform, support their needs technology wise, and build relationships to make the provider and patient experience unique and successful.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks