American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional IT System Administrator. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The IT System Administrator will play a critical role in IT Department. Specifically, the IT System Administrator will be responsible for supporting the company’s corporate IT infrastructure including all workstations, laptops (Mac and PC), mobile devices, telephony, servers, storage, network and other systems. This role requires a hands-on administrator who is up to date with current technologies, who has experience building and operating in a corporate production environment and is continuously striving to increase their technology expertise.
- Support backend IT infrastructure servers and network for a 24/7 company
- Tier 2 - IT Help Desk function which services up to 400 end users
- Lead select IT Infrastructure projects for a 24/7 company
- Ability to quickly isolate issues and drive them to resolution.
Candidates must have some experience and hands-on expertise in the following areas
- Mac OS, Windows 7,10, Windows Server 2008/2012 required, 2016 preferred
- Office 365, SharePoint, Active Directory Required
- RedHat/CentOS Linux experience required
- VMWare and SAN experience is preferred
- iPhone/iPad, Android mobile support is a plus
- Onsite and Cloud backup technologies, PGP encryption, Endpoint Protection preferred
- Proficiency with networking protocols including TCP/IP, SSL VPN, DNS, etc.
- System monitoring and maintenance best practice experience is required
- The candidate must be able to follow engineering best practices and work both independently and as a contributor to a team.
- The candidate must have excellent communications skills and be presentable to executives and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree and equivalent related work experience preferred.
- Minimum 3-4 years of hands-on experience in an Admin role and 24/7 IT environment.
- Industry certifications from Microsoft (MCSE, MCSM, MCITP) are preferred.
- US Citizenship is required.
Should you join American Well and the IT team, you can expect:
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- • Three weeks of vacation time
- • 401K match
- • Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- • Free gym access – on-site
- • Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- • Complimentary snacks and drinks