American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Invoice Contract Specialist. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Invoice Contract Specialist will play a critical role in the Finance department. Specifically, the Invoice Contract Specialist will manage contracts, billings and revenue reconciliation for customers utilizing the American Well platform. This finance position will work closely with other departments including professional services, account management to ensure all customers are properly billed and revenue is reconciled and recognized properly.
- Participate in new client kick-off meetings including key role in new client implementations representing finance in terms of billings and revenues.
- Review and document customer contract terms including summary of key financial terms.
- Maintain customer contract summary file to reflect ongoing contract changes including addition of services or changes in fees, etc.
- Monthly preparation of customer invoices using system generated reports.
- Preparation of customer analysis including ad-hoc reporting.
- Perform monthly close including accounts receivable reconciliation and revenue entries.
- Work closely with claims department to ensure claims are being processed, paid and reconciled to ensure accurate revenue for each customer.
- Reconcile merchant bank accounts including working with credit card processor to identify and investigate issues with deposits and charge-offs.
- Maintain accounts receivable aging and provide receivables analysis at the end of each period or on an ad-hoc basis as requested.
- Daily cash receipt application, process credit memos as required.
- Assist account managers with customer billing questions and requests for additional support.
- Assist with regulatory and tax filings related to customer invoicing and claims paid.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 3+ years direct relevant work experience
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of process flow
- Ability to handle high volume
- Healthcare industry experience strongly preferred
- Attention to detail and well-developed organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team and establish strong cross-communication across various departments
- Desire to drive efficiency and process improvement
- Solves working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle accounting system is a plus
Should you join American Well and the Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Three weeks of vacation time
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks