Job Title: Infrastructure Services Tools Team Lead
Department & Organization: Engineering
Location: Boston, MA
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Infrastructure Services Tools Team Lead
Lead a team of software engineers who work within Engineering to build and operate infrastructure services that enable other teams to do their jobs better. A successful candidate will have a tremendous ability to effect change through building services using the latest cloud technology from Amazon Web Services and using Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Manage a team of software engineers spanning several time zones
- Develop tools, services and automation enabling development, operations and support
- Participate as an individual contributor on the team as needed
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the rest of the team
- Assist in planning and design phases of service development
- Promote and execute software development best practices, tools, and methodologies
- Seek ways to bring about improvements in the way that work is done; accepts and drives new ways of doing things to gain better outcomes.
- Provide technical feedback in code reviews
- Works in collaborative and supportive manner; adopts a team approach, acknowledging and appreciating efforts, contributions and compromises.
- Creates an atmosphere in which people can focus on their core strengths and development opportunities
- BS in Computer Science or a comparable field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems administration using the CLI.
- Solid oral and written communications skills.
- Experience building systems on cloud technology (AWS, GCE, Rackspace, Openstack)
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience with using Agile processes (Scrum, Kanban)
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.