Acquia is seeking a SW engineer who can help lead our efforts to revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services. The successful candidate will have a tremendous ability to affect change while working on deep technical challenges using the latest technologies.
As an Infrastructure Services SW Engineer, you will be responsible for a wide range of internal systems, tooling and automations from developing CI to managing systems integrations to owning and evolving Acquia’s existing product monitoring services and more. You will work with your fellow IS engineers, Product Engineering, Operations and Customer Success teams to identify inefficiencies in our current services and processes, then propose and implement changes to streamline or automate remediations.
Acquia’s products run 100% on Amazon Web Services using EC2, CloudFormation, and various other technologies and best practices. Since each product is built and maintained by its own engineering team, the ideal candidate for this position would need to be proactive in familiarizing themselves with those services and have the ability to coordinate and collaborate with multiple teams.
- Work with Acquia’s Engineering and Operations teams to identify inefficiencies in our current services, then propose and implement solutions
- Research, propose, and implement third-party solutions, where necessary, to improve our services or streamline and remediate
- Monitor and report back on the impact of any implemented changes
- Champion the needs of Customer Success and Engineering with regards to any tooling, automation or process change
- Work with Acquia’s Engineering teams to test and deploy changes to production
- Analyze monitoring trends and raise customer- or product-related issues to the necessary teams
- Help identify ways to reduce manual effort spent identifying and remediating issues with our products
- Build and customize dashboards for teams
- Contribute as part of a larger team to maintain a deep understanding of system functionality and architecture, with primary focus on the operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, emergency response, capacity planning, etc)
- BS in Computer Science, or a comparable field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems administration using the CLI
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/UDP networking concepts
- Solid oral and written communications skills
- Solid team collaboration and leadership skills
- A “jump in and own it” mindset with a passion to fix problems and deliver solutions
- Experience building systems on cloud technology (AWS, GCE, Rackspace, Openstack)
- Experience with performance data, and configuring alerts based on anomalies or issues
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.