Seeking: A human resources expert to join our team in Somerville. You are a strategic leader with strong business acumen who drives important people related initiatives, yet doesn’t mind rolling up your sleeves to get things done. You have a passion for people and our business and will be a trusted partner to our team and its leaders.
- Management & Employee Coaching: You will partner with our management team and employees to foster a kind approach as issues arise, provide moral support, share your expertise and increase retention.
- Training & Development: You will coach our managers as they develop individual career development plans for their direct reports. Additionally, you will manage company wide training and development initiatives.
- HR Policies & Compliance: You will continuously work to improve our HR infrastructure, helping the Grommet to develop best in class, compliant processes, policies and procedures.
- Culture: We pride ourselves in fostering a corporate culture in which our employees feel at home and supported to do their best work. You will work hand in hand with our executive team to maintain and tirelessly seek ways to improve our culture.
- Performance Management: You will manage the process that assseses our team’s performance and always be on the lookout for ways to improve it.
- HR Project Management: You will propose and drive a diverse array of human resource projects and initiatives.
- Recruitment: Our team is our most important asset. You will help manage and guide the recruitment process that helps us find the best of the best.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- 8+ Years of Progressive Human Resources Experience
- Experience Leading HR at an Early Stage Technology Company
- SPHR Certification Preferred
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- A Deep Understanding of: Employee Relations, Learning & Development, Compensation, Compliance/Employment Law & Recruiting
- A Sense of Urgency and Energetic, Proactive Approach
- Demonstrated Thought Leadership in Delivering Employee Programs
Some of the Good Stuff
- Work Environment: We’re a fun, growing e-commerce company. Our office is a beautifully crafted modern-rustic oasis and you dress the way you feel comfortable -- just a five minute walk from Davis square. You’ll love it here. We have free coffee and snacks!
- Fun and Fast-Paced: You must be comfortable with an energetic, fast-paced environment. (We’re a startup.) Our team is full of creative, driven people with unique vision and we like working here. We’re building a disruptive product launch platform with no direct competitors and we’re dedicated to making The Grommet a success.
- Deep Discounts: We offer deep discounts on hundreds of the products on our site. Sometimes, we even have free giveaways! It’s perfect for gift giving.
- Competitive Hourly Rate and Great Benefits for Permanent Hires
- Culture of Mentorship and Learning: You’ll get exposure to Boston’s startup industry and the chance to learn from people on our team and from the industry. We host frequent information and expertise sharing events (formal and informal) at work and give team members the chance to go to out-of-office events, too.
Your cover letter is your chance to stand out and help us get to know you! Please note that resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed. To submit your application, visit www.thegrommet.com/careers and click ‘Apply’ next to this position.
In your cover letter, please tell us about yourself by answering these questions:
- How did you hear about us?
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- What your ideal career path is over the next few years?
- Why you are suited to work in a start up?
- Let us know your ideal schedule and your available start date.
- Detail your level of computer experience by listing software applications that you’re very familiar and comfortable with. (We’re particularly interested in ticketing systems, web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and IE), Excel, Word, Google Docs Spreadsheets, and Google Doc word processing.)