Monday November 12, 2012
Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), is a leading provider of online backup solutions and cloud-based applications for consumers and business. Subscribers in more than 100 countries rely on Carbonite to provide easy-to-use, affordable, unlimited and secure online backup solutions with anytime, anywhere data access. Carbonite's online backup solution runs on both the Windows and Mac platforms. The company has backed up more than 200 billion files, restored more than 7 billion files and currently backs up more than 300 million files each day. For more information, please visit www.carbonite.com.
The successful candidate will be working in a dynamic, team-oriented environment supporting all company-facing IT functions for end-users. This position will entail troubleshooting and diagnosing desktop and network issues, completing workstation builds and configurations, writing end-user documentation, and assisting asset acquisition and tracking. The successful candidate will have a strong background in troubleshooting operating system, application, and network issues. Strong knowledge of Windows 7, MacOS, Active Directory, and network troubleshooting is required.
• Responding to Helpdesk tickets.
• Effectively troubleshooting problems, escalating as necessary, managing communication with end-users.
• Documenting resolutions and work-arounds as appropriate.
• Developing end-user guides.
• Researching hardware and software.
• Generating Purchase Orders for hardware/software
• Configuring end-user hardware/software.
• Vendor communication to quote, track and receive shipments
• Follow up on internal alerts.
• Light on-call rotation
• Monitoring and troubleshooting corporate backups
• Microsoft Windows XP/7/Server 2003/2008/2012
• Active Directory User Administration
• Exchange 2010 User Administration
• MacOS / Apple Hardware
• Microsoft Office troubleshooting experience
• Asset Management Software familiarity
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Understanding of data backup technology
• Network knowledge (including vlans, spanning tree; routing, IP addressing; port assignments; DNS/DHCP; network diagnostic utilities and procedures)
• Network switch, wireless access point, and/or firewall configuration
Characteristics that will make you successful at Carbonite…
• Self-starter: Can work independently, with little supervision
• Well-organized, manages multiple tasks effectively
• Communicates effectively and appropriately
• Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
• Desire to learn new skills on the job