We’re looking for a rare combination that only you can fill:
Principal Engineer: You are a highly experienced full-stack developer.
Team Lead: You have led a high performing engineering team through our first public launch.
You will be both a Principal Engineer and Team Lead for a small and growing engineering team, including front-end, back-end and QA developers. You will interact closely with the COIN co-founders and be involved in key strategy decisions regarding product design, analytics, application architecture and R&D.
COIN is a Boston-based fintech startup accelerating within John Hancock. We believe investing is about more than just financial return. Our mission is to build tools for people to improve their financial lives and get money conscious. We start by helping people connect their personal values to money and invest in what they believe in. We just launched our private beta and are preparing for a public launch in 2017.
- Proficient in C#, .NET, React JS, Angular framework, Boostrap, SQL
- Experience building APIs and are proficient in interpreting and consuming REST, OAuth and webhook APIs
- Familiar with concepts of data persistence, especially in the context of cloud and container-based deployment models
- Experience with managing and mentoring a high performing engineering team
- Experience managing applications in a continuous delivery environment
- Proven collaboration skills, emotional intelligence and an inspiring leadership approach
- Write great code. You’ll spend the bulk of your time writing code for features big and small
- Plan for the long-term. Architect a complex, data-rich application with extensive third-party integrations that are easy to maintain and extend
- Fix things fast. You’ll keep an eye on exceptions, bugs and actively write code and problem solve with others to fix issues
- Peer review code. You’ll participate in our peer code review system and help the team achieve and maintain a high level of code quality, readability and style consistency
- Mentor and manage. You’ll help a team of Rails and Swift engineers write great code, grow individually, stretch themselves and grow professionally
- Interface with senior corporate stakeholders. Including senior business and tech executives.
- Secure and scale. You’ll have ultimate responsibility for ensuring systems, partnerships and hires are made to ensure quality, security and performance are world class
- You enjoy the idea of deploying your own code on your first day of work
- You are passionate about innovation and creating experiences that enrich our customer's lives
- You solve problems and are a team player, ready to collaborate and share your ideas
- You value fast-paced, agile engineering rooted in collaboration, humility, trust, and learning
- You are passionate about technology, experiment with new technologies, tools and frameworks, and are excited about introducing them to your teammates
- You enjoy discussing technology, human-centered design, finance, entrepreneurship, politics and personal values
- You're willing to foster a culture that encourages close collaboration and evidence-based decisions