Clear Ballot has developed and deployed innovative election software paired with advanced hardware to create a modern voting system designed to deliver speed, accuracy and transparency to elections. Our products are proven, our customer references are superb and, when we enter a State, our market share quickly exceeds 50%.
While our roots are in Boston, we have a diverse team with offices in Colorado, Oregon, Florida and British Columbia. We bring a fresh approach to the election industry with professionals of different backgrounds and leading election industry veterans who have all joined Clear Ballot to help harness technology to advance the future of elections.
Clear Ballot is looking for a talented front-end developer who wants to bring their technical skills to bear on a hugely consequential problem – to modernize America’s voting systems and to bring transparency to democratic elections. The successful candidate will build and enhance enterprise-level, highly available, accessible web applications using primarily HTML, CSS, Less, React and/or your preferred tools and frameworks. The ideal candidate should have strong technical skills and a good working knowledge of performance, security, responsive-design, accessibility and resilience. One of the hallmarks of our system is its emphasis on new visualization techniques made possible by sophisticated data structures that have been optimized for performance. You will be working with a small team of highly skilled individuals to build a platform that is changing the elections industry.
- Responsible for building and maintaining the front-end of ClearVote, a suite of integrated web-applications that enable jurisdictions to manage elections, design and deliver machine-tabulated paper ballots and browser-based, accessible touchscreen ballots, at the precinct and in the cloud.
- Work in a team with back-end developers to implement election applications that build trust in the process and enable voters to vote with greater ease and confidence.
- Write clean, well-organized, well-commented code, following industry standard coding practices including ES6 and BEM or equivalent.
- Enhance, refactor, or replace existing code while establishing a scalable, maintainable, and test-driven build process with goal of improving performance, resilience, security, maintainability and user experience.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience building performant, secure, accessible and maintainable frontend web applications.
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
- Ability to articulate and communicate technical concepts.
Clear Ballot Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to professional development and advancement and believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful and considerate environment. We live by our values and hire accordingly. If you’re curious, a hard worker, a self-starter, an optimist, a collaborator and most importantly, someone who shares our passion to employ technology to improve democratic elections, we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please email your resume and cover letter to jobs@ClearBallot.com