QuickBase is revolutionizing the way people work by enabling professionals to develop their own cloud-based applications for driving vastly improved work productivity. With more than 500,000 users and a presence in over 50 of the Fortune 100 companies, we are quickly expanding our stake in the high-growth, multibillion-dollar SaaS, PaaS and mobile markets.
QuickBase is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and was recently ranked as a Boston Business Journal best place to work. Come join us as we grow.
About the team:
At QuickBase, we believe that exceptional employees are not only the key to our success, but also to our customers’ success. Our teams are small, diverse, nimble and highly empowered to drive Finance excellence. Each team owns its own commitments and outcomes. Our employees enjoy interesting challenges, learn fast, and strive to do the best work of their life.
The FP&A Analyst reports directly to the Director of FP&A and is responsible for financial planning and analysis activities, forecasting, long-term financial modeling and strategic planning, and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and related operational analysis. The role is accountable for providing financial analysis and recommendations to support development of the company’s overall business strategy, developing insightful information from the company’s internal financials and operating metrics, delivering executive level presentations, and synthesizing and articulating key findings for executive and operations management audiences. The FP&A Analyst will support the company’s executive team by preparing board and financial presentations, industry/peer group comparisons, new business initiatives and opportunities assessment, and is a key resource for the company’s corporate development initiatives. The successful candidate will also support Treasury activities, including relationships with lenders and banks.
- Responsibility for supporting monthly financial performance reporting and communications, including variance analysis, to functional leaders, company management, and the Board of Directors
- Assist with the annual budgeting and planning process, incorporating sensitivity and risk analysis, and generating departmental budgets and targets
- Assist with the creation and implementation of necessary models/systems for the development of the annual budget, forecasts, and strategic initiatives and multi-year business plans
- Review and analyze internal financial data to identify issues, opportunities and trends to provide business owners and senior leaders with financial analysis input that will drive decision making including project profitability, productivity analysis, and return on investment
- Prepare analysis incorporating external benchmarks, competitor data, and prospective mergers and acquisitions to guide business decisions
- Work with operating managers to define Key Performance Indicators used to measure overall operational performance
- Implement KPI forecasting models, serving as the front end of the business forecasting process
- Support all Treasury activities including relationships with external banks
- Assist with lender reporting
- Ad hoc analysis
- Bachelors degree in Finance, MBA preferred
- 4+ years of related experience with success in a growth company
- Strong communication and business writing skills
- Strong quantitative and technical skills with significant experience in modeling and analysis
- Experience working with cross-functional groups and teams to achieve common goals
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Behavioral and Interpersonal:
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, project-driven, real-time team environment, prioritize projects and deliver quality results within tight time constraints
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experienced, confident presenter to all audiences
- Ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a face paced environment, manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an extended, cross-functional team