Monday August 20, 2012
We are seeking an experienced Finance Report Writer / Business Intelligence Engineer to join our Finance and Database teams. A central component of the Carbonite services are our database systems, largely implemented with Microsoft SQL Server and associated tools. We run a state of the art, scalable database system with large data sets and high transaction throughput, running in a highly distributed environment. Carbonite maintains a data warehouse that provides business critical intelligence that is leveraged across the enterprise. The warehouse serves as a source for Sql Server Analysis Services reporting, and financial systems.
• Primary responsibility is to manage the monthly revenue recognition process and ensure accuracy via financial analysis and transactional testing.
• Performs ad hoc data analysis related to special projects, systems analysis, or financial management, as assigned.
• Maintain and enhance ETL processes for loading financial data into Microsoft Great Plains.
• Design and implement systems for testing data. Apply accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls, and audit trails are maintained throughout all applications.
• Work with database team to design, implement and maintain the data warehouse and ETL processes.
• Maintain company definition of data as defined in data dictionary. Refine and enhance definitions of key BI measures.
• Work as part of database team, representing finance, to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
• Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
• 7+ years experience with SQL database technologies (SSIS, SSRS, Analysis Server)
• Experience as a data analyst with strong query writing skills
• Experience with ETL techniques and data warehouse principles
• Strong financial acumen and understanding of accounting and auditing principles
• Strong attention to detail and experience with financial/metrics analysis