MassChallenge Inc. is a U.S.-based startup accelerator with programs in Boston, London, Lusanne, Jerusalem and Mexico City. We expect to expand to at least seven additional cities by 2020. We are seeking an experienced and entrepreneurially minded Executive Coordinator to support this exciting growth.
The successful candidate will provide administrative and special projects support for the MassChallenge Executive Team, specifically the COO & President. The Executive Coordinator will join the team as a direct liaison to the Executive Team. He or she must possess a high standard of work, exercise discretion when handling confidential information, pay close attention to detail and have the ability to set priorities and anticipate needs.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a high growth, rapidly changing organization. He or she will have excellent written and verbal communication skills. He or she will be expected to communicate frequently via email, in-person, and phone/Skype with the Executive Team, employees, and almost all constituents including board members, entrepreneurs, mentors, partners, and many more. The candidate will thrive off a fast-paced work environment and will embrace difficult situations with confidence and a positive outlook. He or she will bring a bias toward action, a willingness to roll up his or her sleeves, and the conviction to grow into an expert in the not-for-profit, global startup accelerator, and innovation economy realms.
- Coordinate Executive Team schedules, meetings, and calendars: Handle administrative functions for the Executive Team including answering phones, scheduling and managing meetings and appointments, making travel arrangements, and managing correspondence with staff and constituents.
- Manage global team activities & meetings: Be primary point of contact for agenda, logistics and overall experience for company visitors; Ensure visitors people are prepared and on-time for meetings.
- Plan & support special projects & events: Assist with preparation for and advise the Executive Team on speaking events, engagement activities, and fundraising opportunities.
- Organize finances & other critical information: Assist with business card scanning and updating Salesforce. Assist with filing Executive Team expense reports.
- Manage annual company-wide calendar: Manage annual key dates calendar and coordinating the numerous intricacies across programs, locations, cultures, resource availability; Forecast 18-month out calendar at all times and coordinate said calendar with program Managing Directors
- Be a utility player: Help be a point of contact from staff members to CEO and Executive Team; Help drive organizational transparency by communicating Executive Team priorities to team; Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
Skills and Attributes Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Minimum 1-2 years working in a startup environment
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities, juggle multiple tasks, organize time effectively, conduct research and identify resources for projects. Skilled at coordinating complex meetings and travel arrangements.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work both in groups and individually to meet goals and to develop strong working relationships with internal staff and external constituents.
- High degree of motivation and self-discipline with a strong work ethic. Maintains a conscientious approach to work with the ability to meet tight deadlines, anticipate needs and be proactive in order to resolve issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proof reading and editing.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to focus on detail without losing sight of the bigger picture, including monitoring and double-checking work and information for accuracy and quality.
- Commitment to providing high quality service through responsiveness to all requests and maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
- Experience working in a non-profit or similar environment is required.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of software (Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) while also quickly learning systems and processes specific to the department.
- Ability to travel – this role will require up to 25% travel, including significant international travel.
- Demonstrated passion for helping startups and a deep connection and interest in the global entrepreneurial community.
- All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America.
Benefits of working with MassChallenge:
MassChallenge provides significant professional development and growth opportunities and access to an incredible network of innovators and entrepreneurs. Specifically, employees:
- Gain direct access to the world's highest-impact startups across all industries.
- Gain direct access to the world's best and most supportive startup resources, including top investors, corporate executives, politicians, university personnel and more.
- Learn how to optimize the growth of startups across multiple industries.
- Learn how and when startups should seek key resources and support.