American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Executive Assistant. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Executive Assistant will play a critical role in the Marketing Team. Specifically, the Executive Assistant will: American Well seeks an executive Assistant to the Chief Marketing Officer who has both with experience as an Executive Assistant as well as strong Excel and PowerPoint skills. The Executive Assistant is responsible for a range of administrative tasks within the marketing team:
- Acts as Executive Assistant to the Chief Marketing Officer and four other senior leaders
- Manages expenses and tracking for marketing spend versus budget
- Assists as needed with events planning and staffing for tradeshows and Client events
- Makes administrative decisions, handles correspondence, maintains files, makes appointments, books travel and serves as liaison with the public as required.
- Handles details of a confidential and critical nature
- Conducts her/himself with the highest degree of dignity, professionalism, and interpersonal effectiveness while exercising sound judgment.
- Manage the timely submission of expenses and processing of invoices and matching versus budget for marketing programs
- Arrange complex meetings and handle all other meeting material preparation and logistics
Process expense reports and assist with invoices for meetings and events in a timely fashion
- Prepare presentation materials, cover/introductory letters, contracts, and other business documents
- Effectively support and back up other administrative assistants, especially for high priority meetings, deadlines and deliverables.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, initiative, responsiveness, and attention to detail
- Routinely handle internal and external inquiries by screening calls, answering questions, and redirecting to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements for company executives as well as advisors, consultants and other team members as necessary.
- Manage executives’ calendars, conference registration and arrangements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-6 years of experience preferred
- Capable of presenting to senior leadership
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful
- Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly, to respond/react quickly to changing priorities and to be dedicated to
- Completion of required tasks
- Thorough knowledge of company operations, policies, and procedures
- Skillful user of Microsoft Office: Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests based on own judgment of importance/need to the department
- Willing to work unpredictable hours and work against deadlines
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Three weeks of vacation time
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks