QuickBase is revolutionizing the way people work by enabling professionals to develop their own cloud-based applications for driving vastly improved work productivity. With more than 500,000 users and a presence in over 50 of the Fortune 100 companies, we are quickly expanding our stake in the high-growth, multibillion-dollar SaaS, PaaS and mobile markets.
QuickBase is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and was recently ranked as a Boston Business Journal best place to work. Come join us as we grow.
About the team:
At QuickBase, we believe that exceptional employees are not only the key to our success, but also to our customers’ success. Our teams are small, diverse, nimble and highly empowered to drive Sales excellence. Each team owns its own commitments and outcomes. Our employees enjoy interesting challenges, learn fast, and strive to do the best work of their life.
The Account Executive is responsible for selling QuickBase to new and existing customers. The Account Executive is responsible for generating revenue growth in a territory/book of business. An in-depth working knowledge of the product is an attribute found in the most successful sales reps and a job requirement. The team uses a consultative sales approach that works to align a customer’s need with the product capability. This job will afford success to those sales professionals that can work collaboratively on a team and know how to leverage a Customer Success Manager into their process.
- The Account Executive will deliver sales results, provide high quality customer interactions, and effectively manage sales opportunities from both inbound and outbound sales activities
- Manage a geographic territory of new prospects and 125+ customer accounts. Close business through new logo wins, upgrades, renewals, cross sells, etc in the QuickBase midmarket segment
- Follow-up on marketing and partner generated leads for a particular geography based on lead scoring
- Work collaboratively with a virtual team including Business Development Reps, Customer Solution Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Care & 3rd party Solution Providers to support the customer.
- Responsible for maintaining existing relationships with customers, negotiating renewals, and defending against customer churn risk.
- Able to understand and communicate the fundamentals of the QuickBase product and set appropriate expectations with the customer
- Prospects into new and existing accounts, actively making outbound sales calls and managing a pipeline that includes both existing customers and new logo opportunities. Drives face to face engagement when warranted.
- Align sales presentations/ demonstrations with customer needs
- Identify the customer's business requirements/ problems and recommend QuickBase as appropriate.
- Responsible for managing the entire sales cycle from prospect identification to close to subscription renewal.
- Develop a territory plan to prioritize time investment across prospects and customers
- Conduct and participate in periodic customer business reviews
- Participate in internal Quarterly Business Review as well as other internal op mechs to report on business results, near term goals, and customer needs.
- 5+ years of technology/software sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to solution sell
- Eager to learn and have a passion for technology
- Meeting or exceeding current quotas
- High performer with a commitment to succeed
- Energized by working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to demonstrate deep understanding and provide examples of how you have managed a sales pipeline efficiently and effectively
- Ability to ask the questions relevant to that prospect to uncover needs and qualify opportunities
- Experience actively managing and cultivating a sales pipeline, including multiple opportunities at various stages, including cross-sell, up-sell, renewals and new business
- Ability to identify and address the prospects needs and/or connect the prospect with the appropriate resource to meet their needs
- Technical acumen: can learn to demonstrate a moderately technical product to prospects
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Ability to sell to customers both over the phone and in-person
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a sales methodology in customer engagements, for example Sandler, preferred.
- BA or BS preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical skills and problem solving ability – both strategic and tactical planning.
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders in different teams to influence change through a matrix organization.
- Self-starter and intellectually curious.
- Natural ability to be transparent and open to feedback.
- Sense of urgency, resourceful and never sacrificing quality.
- Capacity to work in a high growth, fast-pace environment.
- Strong interpersonal, strategic and tactical planning and analytical skills. “Can do” attitude and intense desire to excel.
- Collaborative, team player with high standards and ethics.