The Email Marketing Specialist will support cross-channel business through the execution and analysis of email marketing programs with an emphasis on email acquisition, customer segmentation, campaign analysis and marketing automation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist manager in the planning of email and cross-channel marketing programs with a focus on segmentation, contact strategy, and forecasting. Leverage historical campaign results to guide the planning process.
- Implement segmentation and contact strategy based on customer preference, buying behavior, past performance and marketing objectives. Partner with Customer Relations Marketing and Catalog Circulation teams to optimize customer contacts.
- Measure and summarize campaign results by leveraging data available from email service provider, web analytics tool and marketing database. Analyze email performance and profitability across channels and customer segments. Share results with leadership and cross functional areas of the company providing meaningful insights that will help move the business forward. Incorporate findings into future campaigns.
- Study the key variables that impact email and cross-channel marketing performance in an effort to improve program effectiveness by contact, customer segment, source of email etc.
- Formulate testing strategies that drive increased customer interest, conversion, sales and life-time value.
- Partner with manager to develop and execute an email acquisition plan. Develop reporting to measure acquisition goals including new emails by source and productivity by source.
- Partner with Database Marketing team and marketing database vendor to develop and oversee list hygiene programs.
- Partner with database vendor to insure database meets file management, segmentation, testing and reporting needs. Provide recommendations and assist manager in defining further system requirements for customer segmentation and reporting. Work with Database Marketing team, database vendor and email service provider to execute enhancements.
- Work to optimize campaign performance through use of vendor’s cross-channel marketing platform, targeting messages to customers across email, mobile, social and display.
- Seek opportunities to leverage marketing automation and partner with internal and external teams to execute program enhancements through automation.
- Forecast email’s contribution to website traffic, orders, demand and contribution.
- Continually strive to improve all email marketing efforts by leveraging our vendors’ expertise and staying abreast of industry best practices and developing technology.
- Cross-train and assist with email campaign testing and launches.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Merchandising, Information Technology, Creative, Catalog Circulation and Customer Relationship Marketing.
- Four-year degree required, Marketing or Business preferred. MBA a plus.
- 3 to 5 years relevant circulation and analysis experience with an emphasis on customer segmentation in a test and learn environment. Digital or email marketing and retail industry preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of direct marketing including customer acquisition, file management, customer segmentation, testing and reporting, with a track record of successful strategic application.
- Ability to efficiently work with large sets of data using marketing database, web analytics and service provider segmentation tools. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and campaign selection and reporting tools required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey marketing plans and results to all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate well with others, including internal and external team members.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Must be flexible and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of organization and accuracy.