SilverRail is looking for a proven, technical Director to lead the future state of its expanding Service Operations team. You and your global team will have the opportunity to shape and execute a strategy to build and mature our service management practice. You must possess customer-facing skills that enable you to represent Service Operations effectively and drive discussions with senior personnel and customers alike regarding incident management, change management, resource planning, and other service management practices. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the SilverRail product portfolio.
This role may be based in Woburn, MA or London, U.K. and will require some travel. Our offices are based in Woburn, London, Brisbane and Stockholm.
- Manage a high-performing service management department consisting of geographically distributed managers and team members. Provide continuous feedback through coaching and mentoring to increase employee skills. Identify and develop leaders within the team. Develop comprehensive performance plans.
- Develop clear strategies, goals and tactics to maximize efficiency while providing an exceptional level of customer support. Define training program to ensure consistency in service offered and optimize the rate of problem resolution at first and second tier.
- Define, document, implement, and improve processes for Technical Support and Incident Management, modeled after ITIL Service Management principles. Ensure that open communication with customers and partners is prioritized.
- Define and monitor SilverRail’s service performance capabilities relative to contractual commitments and apply strategies to minimize the number of SLA breaches and exposure to contractual risk. Support the commercial team during contracting through discussion and negotiation of service levels.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve customer experience and work closely with other departments (eg. product, engineering, and operations) to provide feedback and develop new processes or amend existing ones.
- Instill a customer service culture that drives a high level of both employee and customer satisfaction.
- Act as point of escalation. Interface directly with both customers and internal departments to advocate on behalf of customer needs.
- Design and deliver effective management reports. Understand the drivers of key metrics and proactively manage performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in relevant field
- 10+ years of progressive management experience in technical support, professional services, client management, or equivalent technical client-facing teams
- Process optimization and management skills. Prior experience analyzing, modifying and measuring processes
- Strong customer support skills and ability to manage customer satisfaction of large enterprise customers
- Team oriented and able to build and maintain strong inter-team and inter-departmental relationships
SilverRail is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics.