Reporting to the Vice President, Global Services, the Rapid7 Practice Lead is a key member of the Global Services team who possess a passion for customer success, technology and solving complex security problems with innovative solutions.
The Practice Lead will help position, advise, and manage a line of business focused on security offerings that empower Rapid7 Customers to both develop and enhance their security programs and posture. The Practice Lead will be responsible for developing a go-to-market strategy that leverages Rapid7’s differentiation to build meaningful, long-term customer relationships. The objective is to build a practice through the development of relationships that lead to on-going advisory partnerships with Rapid7 Clients.
The Practice Lead is expected to drive pre-Sales activities to bring in and build our Client base. Their team will support Customer relationships in a post-sales capacity by delivering exceptional quality and mission-critical security solutions. The Practice Lead will work with customers and their team to advise on security best practice and set the direction of the business. The Rapid7 Security Advisory team should be seen by our Customers as their long-term trusted source of advice for their security programs.
The Practice Lead will also collaborate with other Global Services leaders to foster collaboration, cohesion,and a consistent delivery approach within APAC, EMEA and the Americas. This leader is expected to be highly visible in the Security space and involved in driving thought leadership and innovation in the market.
Compensation plan will include a variable component tied, but not limited to, Services utilization and sales.
- Establish clear market position, go-to-market approach and execution strategy for Rapid7’s Security Advisory practice
- P&L management and familiarity with Sales and Revenue forecasting
- Directly support and drive opportunities and/or engagements from pre-sale through final delivery and sign-off
- Subject matter expert and advisor to Rapid7 Services Customers
- Enable and energize pre-Sales, Sales,Account Management, and Channel Partners through clear value proposition and benefits, as a unique value road-map, to meet the identified Customer business needs
- Serve as subject matter expert with respect to market trends and competitor activities
- Actively participate within Rapid7 Community and Security Industry as advocate and advisor
- 10+ years professional services delivery or service provider in the Information Security space
- 5-7 years experience delivering security advisory services at a large professional services firm (PWC, E&Y, KPMG, Deloitte, IBM, Accenture, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (Computer Information Systems, Information System Technologies, Management Information Systems) or related field
- Consulting experience including interfacing and servicing clients, conducting proofs-of-concept, pre-sales technical scoping, managing and budgeting time and expenses, working in project-oriented environments with deadlines and milestones, making presentations to management, etc
- Proven ability to build relationships with, understand business needs of, and deliver demonstrable value to senior management and C-level executives
- Subject matter expert on in-country regulatory guidance, best practices and key challenges organizations face from a security perspective
- One of more professional certifications such as GPEN, GWAPT, OSCP, CPT, CISSP, CISA, CISM
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: IT security Engineering, Security Operations, Incident Response and/or IT audit including administration or analysis of network and system security related technologies, performing security reviews/advisory services and assessments, reviewing information security policies and procedures, etc
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time
- Published vulnerability disclosures, industry event presentations and/or tools, and methodologies
- Locations: Boston, Austin, Washington D.C.