Help shape the future of transportation for cities, colleges and companies by working for the nation's leading bike share company. Zagster is a fast-growing startup backed by leading transportation investors and based in Cambridge, MA with a mission to make bicycling the world's most loved form of transportation.
We’ve recently raised $10 million in Series B funding and operate more than 140 bike sharing programs, with clients such as Princeton University, Fort Collins Colorado, General Motors and Equity Properties.
The new role of Director, Rider Services has been created to transform our existing rider support model to one that will scale with our expected rider growth over the coming months and years. This person will drive the shift towards self-service support, ensuring our riders have a best-in-class support experience. This person must be comfortable as a subject matter expert on customer support and work cross-functionally to drive technology improvements to execute on a vision for rider support. The ability to analyze rider data and diagnose trends will be key to success in this role. This person will also be responsible for directly managing a team of internal staff and relationships with outside vendors.
- Develop a vision for support for Zagster riders that will scale across geographies, platforms, and demographics and work cross-functionally to create and execute a roadmap for that vision.
- Ensure decisions across the company are informed by rider trends, challenges and successes
- Direct Zagster’s holistic inbound support system in a way that ensures timely and accurate responses to rider inquiries, supported by relevant KPIs
- Directly manage in-house team; provide ongoing coaching, feedback, and direction
- Monitor individual performance and develop improvement plans, on-boarding and off-boarding processes
- Serve as a point of escalation for rider issues threatening the public image of Zagster
- Serve as expert on technical issues; develop and conduct trainings for team to ensure our support is high quality and reflects our most up-to-date operations
- Constantly improve, refine and evolve support procedures and tools to improve efficiency
- Develop support plans for upcoming product releases and updates
- Proactively improve all aspects of rider support at Zagster by collaborating with the internal team and our support center partners to help design amazing service procedures
- 5+ years experience analyzing data, proposing solutions and executing on those solutions in a customer service environment
- Passion for customer experience and a drive to ensure our end users love using our services, including an understanding of the customer support market
- 2+ years managing staff with strong results, including the ability to motivate, coach and direct others in an effective way
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of an organization, including using the soft power of influence to ensure priority items are addressed across the company
- Can-do attitude with past experience finding creative solutions to difficult problems as a part of your professional career
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing, dynamic technology company