Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for two consecutive years.
Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You’ll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, or playing in the cloud. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, synergetic group, you’ll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their dearest assets.
Why You Matter
We are searching for a dynamic leader who will provide technical and organizational leadership, own and set the vision, strategy and growth plans for the Cb Defense Quality Engineering team. A proven leader in Software Quality Assurance, this individual will be a strong partner for Development, Operations, Customer Support, IT, SecOps and other groups within the company.
What You’ll Do
- Own (and build out) automation and performance quality engineering teams for both endpoint and server testing
- Recruit awesome people
- Align team members around organizational strategy and values
- Work closely with peers from other Cb products, to leverage and build a common QE framework
- Provide Quality Engineering input throughout the SDLC process
- Provide actionable insights into improving the SDLC process
- Facilitate collaboration among groups, especially as it relates to identifying opportunities for improvement
What You’ll Bring
- You are passionate about building world class products
- Ownership and Accountability are an integral part of your values
- You have exceptional analytical skills and have the ability to assess complex situations and data and identify important and actionable tactics
- You are a self starter with exceptional organizational skills, having built teams from the ground up
- Management experience (at least 5-7 years), able to lead a team of 25
- Technical expertise: Knowledge of Python, or other scripting language; Deep understanding of VMs; Deep understanding of at least a test framework (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc); Knowledge of security industry is a plus; Knowledge of Endpoint Engineering is a plus.
Who We Are
Carbon Black has designed the most complete next-gen endpoint security platform, enabling organizations to stop the most attacks, see every threat, close security gaps, and evolve their defenses. The Cb Endpoint Security Platform helps organizations of all sizes replace legacy antivirus technology, lock down systems, and arm incident response teams with advanced tools to proactively hunt down threats. Today, Carbon Black has approximately 2,000 worldwide customers, including 25 of the Fortune 100 and more than 600 employees. Carbon Black was voted Best Endpoint Protection by security professionals in the SANS Institute’s Best of 2015 Awards.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer.