Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black Federal, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. As a subsidiary of Carbon Black, this company is solely focused on supporting our US Government customers. This is an opportunity to help bring Carbon Black’s technologies to agencies chartered with supporting US national security needs.
Why You Matter:
The Director of Operations is the central hub and key figure in the establishment of Cb Federal. As this new company expands, this role will be involved in coordination of all aspects of the business. This role leads the implementation and execution of NISPOM security requirements, conducts security risk assessments, evaluate Information Technology and security services and solutions, and review and create documented policies and procedures.
If you enjoy being at the forefront business processes and enjoy being hands-on and want to have a voice in shaping operations, policies, and plans, this is the job for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Provides communication, leadership, and guides management as necessary to ensure that company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures in place to effectively grow the organization
- Assists in developing and implementing the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business
- Assists creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction
- Oversees the organization in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans
- Responsible for the daily operations
- Ensures effective communication with the President/COO by keeping him/her informed of daily operations
- Ensures that operating objectives and standards of performance are understood by management and employees
- Ensures that Company complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, best practice to maximize the financial integrity of Company
- Ensures appropriate and satisfactory systems are in place for monitoring Company performance against planned and budgeted expectations
- Act as point of contact for Government inquiries, audits, oversight
- Act as primary liaison between Subsidiary and Parent company personnel
- Coordinate administrative support from Parent company for Facilities, IT, HR, Security, and Finance
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related business or technical areas, or an equivalency of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of Business Operations, Program Management, Business Analyst or technical operations experience
- Experience working with US Federal government agencies, auditors and processes
- Experience in designing and implementing standards, specifications and procedures.
- Proven project management experience, including developing project plans, schedules and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results
- Experience as a team leader operating in a critical role that greatly impacts team success.
- Skilled in discussing information technology in understandable business terms.
- Experience with enforcing security policies and standards with business owners leading by influence.
- Critical Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and rapid growth
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Experience working in Classified environments and obtaining and maintaining facilities clearance
- Successful candidates for this role require US Citizenship and will be required to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance
Who We Are:
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.