American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Director, Health Plan Sales. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Director, Health Plan Sales will play a critical role in Sales department. Specifically, the Director, Health Plan Sales will evangelize, inspire and create revenue opportunities in assigned territory. The Sales Director will be responsible for representing all facets of American Well’s telehealth solution, services and vision to mid to large health plans. The Sales Director will have a deep understanding of the healthcare marketplace, particularly the relationship between payer, provider and member, and possess the ability to effectively communicate with senior health plan executives and clinical staff throughout the entire sales process.
- Generate new product/services revenue.
- Build, maintain and manage a sales pipeline and forecast necessary to achieve sales objectives and achieve revenue goals.
- Position yourself as the matter expert, focal point, and key conduit between American Well and your prospect.
- Confidently and credibly present product solutions and product demonstrations, conference calls, technical discussions/due diligence, executive discussions, web seminars and related sales activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with purchasing contacts including assisting with the internal management and development of contractual documents.
- Prepare, present and coordinate product proposals, RFIs, RFPs and related sales documents.
- Manage and coordinate account hand-off to professional services and account management staff including early and easy transition to project management staff.
- Coordinate all sales activities with Inside Sales Director on account status, follow up activities, leads to pursue, product literature, outcome, win-loss, and related sales support tasks.
• Track record and experience selling innovative solutions to payer organizations
• Strong knowledge of the payer healthcare marketplace
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple prospects simultaneously
• Resourceful, self-sufficient, self-motivator with a tenacious approach to winning customers and business
• High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do whatever is necessary to be successful
• Flexible, adaptable style with ability to quickly change direction
based on company growth, changing marketing conditions, and product
• Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills
• Strong relationship building and coaching skills
• Experience demonstrating PC based software products
• Specific understanding of payer/care management companies, hospitals, and providers/physicians
• BS/BA in business, healthcare, computer science or equivalent
• 5-10 years’ experience in sales of healthcare enterprise software products selling directly to health plan payers
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office: Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Basic understanding of sales contact (CRM) database(s) with the
ability to maintain contacts, updates and progress electronically
• Up to 35% overnight travel required
• Willing to work unpredictable hours and work against deadlines
• Over-achiever with a consistent track record of annual quota/revenue achievement
Should you join American Well and the Sales team, you can expect:
The Customer Solutions Sales organization is a highly motivated team on the front lines of an emerging and dynamic industry. This group of individuals are responsible for inspiring new clients – sharing the value and impact of telehealth. They bring a solutions approach to each new client including understanding vision and corporate objectives and helping shape go-to-market use cases.
The Sales team is constantly acquiring new knowledge to share with clients on best practices, value drivers, and trends affecting the healthcare industry. Our product is used my many of the top health plans and regional plans in the country to allow plan members to receive quality online care where the member wants the care.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Three weeks of vacation time
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks