Director of Engagement Marketing
Rue La La caused a groundbreaking disruption to the retail market in 2008 that has created an indisputable new and huge white space for online commerce.
Based on a flash sales concept highlighting 2,000+ premium brands, Rue has successfully brought together three formerly disparate elements––merchandising, marketing and technology––in a completely novel way, catapulting growth to 15+ million members who generated ~ $400 million in gross revenues in 2014. Coupled with extraordinary leadership, a values-based culture, and a drive to be the innovator in all respects, from marketing techniques to online boutique themes to using our platform as a means for change in addition to commerce, Rue has emerged as the leading force in the premium/luxury component of the market.
And we are still just beginning.
Director of Engagement Marketing, Objective:
- Has a broad mandate to oversee all aspects of Customer Engagement
- Responsible for overall site and app visitation (both boutique and non-boutique visits), cross channel communication, personalization, and content marketing
- Work closely with both programmatic marketers and analysts to create, execute and evaluate programs
- Lead the marketing communications team which handles email marketing, push notifications, onsite+in-app communication, and social media communication
- Realize the vision of a one-to-one customer communication philosophy. This role will be responsible for driving the execution of the tools as well as ensuring their ongoing optimization/usage
- Lead the engagement team to optimize sales, open-rates, and visitation from clicks
- Enhance current email/push processes to streamline activities in support of much greater communication flexibility/agility
- Further develop our test-and-learn methods for making communication decisions and evaluating their impact on sales
- Implement the vision of channel-agnostic communication
- Personalize communication to member using various strategies using a combination of products, content and boutiques
- Identify new triggered communications that would be effective at increasing customer engagement
- Actively monitor market for interesting communication ideas to incorporate into Rue’s playbook
- Expand the role of content marketing as one of the tools that drives engagement
- Test the impact of promoted posts on social engagers and thereby on revenue
- Analyze and evaluate the most effective types of content that members engage with
- 5+ years of direct experience in engagement marketing specifically in an online/e-commerce setting
- Experience in email marketing is a must – experience with Exact Target (Sales Force Marketing Cloud) is hugely valuable
- In-depth understanding of key marketing metrics, ability to recognize how they might impact the business and prior experience having improved customer engagement
- Experience having managed execution of marketing campaigns, including setup, monitoring, reporting, analysis, optimization and strategic portfolio insights
- Experience directly managing teams and also influencing non-direct reports to drive change and innovation through the organization
- Experience working with cross functional stakeholders and influencers of member communication – especially during retail holidays
- Tech savvy and comfortable using marketing tools including social tools
- Familiarity with Online Analytics platforms (preferably Google Analytics).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fun, energetic and collaborative personality with self-starter approach to work
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
IT IS UNLAWFUL IN MASSACHUSETTS TO REQUIRE OR ADMINISTER A LIE DETECTOR TEST AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT.