Upserve's vision is to be a single platform, from which restaurants can run their business. Our product line includes Breadcrumb Point of Sale - the leading cloud-based point of sale designed specifically for restaurants. When combined with Upserve Analytics - the Smart Management Assistant, serving up clear guidance that makes restaurants thrive - we make it easier to manage guests, staff, marketing, finances, and even the menu. Running a restaurant isn’t going to get easier. But it will get smarter. You elevate your restaurant - and your career - when you Upserve.
About the Product You'll Be Evangalizing:
- Over the last 6 months, Upserve received NPS scores of +43, +65, +55 +52, +72 +80, higher than any other tech firm selling software to small businesses (see our NPS graph from Delighted).
- Our business is in hyper growth, doubling since last year, with thousands of restaurant customers.
- Our platform has massive data from which to make decisions: we manage over 11 million meals per month and over 16 million active diners (see our recent press release)
- Our LTV to CAC and our SaaS 'Quick Ratio' both exceed 4x.
- We communicate with customers using tools like Totango, Intercom and Marketo.
About this Role:
The Director of Customer Success reports into Upserve's Chief Revenue Office. In this role, you'll lead a group of Account Managers that are distributed across our four geographic offices. In this role, you’ll work closely with the product, marketing, sales, and customer operations groups to evangalize and upsell new product features, and to resolve blockers to customer satisfaction. During a typical week at Upserve, you will:
- Share customer needs with support, product marketing and sales to better drive product 'stickiness'
- Develop an effective team by hiring, training, and coaching a team of account managers
- Advocate for your customers, using tools like Aha.io
- Know the competition and figure out how we leave them no room to win
- Communicate clearly and effectively, to both technical and non-technical audiences, whether it's a Slack message, Google doc, email, presentation, tweet, blog post, or Support case
- Collaborate with product marketing peers to set positioning, messaging and communicate the vision to internal and external audiences, such as on our website
- Understand deeply how customers use our product using Totango and other systems
- Develop an early warning system to proactively avoid customer churn
- Create objectives and key results around this work
Above all else, all Upserve employees are united in our shared optimism, passion, and enthusiasm for the customers we support through our innovative product. In our daily work, we exemplify our values of grit, openness, empathy, impact, and curiosity.
For this role, you have to balance sales DNA and drive with a need to fight for the user! You have a big vision for what it means to disrupt an industry such as ours. You can drive a change from vision to strategy, and through execution. And, you think in a SaaS-based framework, using data and metrics to drive decisions. In addition, you -
- Are a great communicator. You love to present Upserve’s offerings to customers, internal teams and external stakeholders. You can dive into discovery conversations with customers and prospects and come away with ideas for solutions.
- Have strong analytical skills that allow to you understand the factors and variables that must be considered when building products. You also know how to define and measure success.
- Are able to contribute substantively to sales operations discussions; you understand CRM systems, particularly Salesforce, and can make sure that any architecture builds are done with a eye towards post-sale needs.
- Feel a tremendous sense of urgency to get value into your customer's hands, and you tap into that energy to drive, lead and motivate your colleagues to win.
- An effective communicator, able to write succinct, clear, unambiguous terms to convey your message. You are comfortable presenting your ideas in a wide range of formats, including: blog posts, emails, Slack, and trello. You know the right communication tool to use at the right time. You can adapt your message to the audience (internal, partner, customer, press, board, etc.)
- Comfortable learning tools like Salesforce and Totango, and consider yourself to be a metrics-obsessed, systems thinker who uses data to measure success.
- Able to prioritize despite many competing interests by learning what's most important
- Willing to lead with courage, transparency and empathy (managing by influence is one of the most challenging parts of working in a cross-functional organization; these leadership traits help)
Our team is 160+ strong, and headquartered in Providence, RI with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Chicago. We care deeply about our people, and take the time to measure our employee engagement bi-annually, and compare it to other New Tech benchmarks where we have outperformed in nearly every category.
We have a pattern of success, and have received notable accolades including:
- Named by Forbes to list of 100 "America's Most Promising Companies"
- Named "Best Places to Work in Rhode Island" 4 years in a row
Additionally, we are backed by the country's top venture capital investors including First Round Capital, Index Ventures, Shasta Ventures, Greylock Partners, Pritzker Group, Nextview Ventures, Chris Sacca, Alfred Lin, and others.
Our competitive benefits
- Healthy lunches & snacks provided daily
- Our "family first" work philosophy provides employees with unlimited time off and competitive family leave. Our policy is: "Take the time you need, when you need it."
- For PVD based employees, choice of paid transit benefits: parking, Amtrak pass, Uber credit, or RIPTA
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employees
- Discounted vision, home, and life insurance
- In-office dry cleaning pickup
- 401K with financial advisory services
Upserve is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer! We care about improving diversity and inclusion in tech. What does that mean to us in the context of talent?
- Tech is buzzing about diversity. We talk about that, too; but, we also talk about a culture of inclusion.
- We're transparent about gaps in employee engagement, and set concrete action plans for improvement.
- We seek out diverse communities to source talented candidates for open roles.
- We use and recommend tools like Textio to reduce bias in job descriptions.
- We believe in being color brave, not color blind.
- We recognize people learn through many different paths, which is why there are no arbitrarily determined degree requirements for any role at Upserve, including this one
- We don't believe in the "pipeline problem" excuse.
- We partner with a number of local organizations working to improve access to the tech industry for underrepresented groups, including Girls Who Code, Providence IntraCity Geeks, #HackPVD, Code.org, PVD Lady Project, and Rosie's Girls to name a few.