American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Director, Clinical Programs. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Director, Clinical Programs will play a critical role in Online Care Group. Specifically, the Director, Clinical Programs will build and execute the strategy for new Clinical Programs. This individual will have P&L experience launching and scaling services businesses, as well as have excellent communications and managerial skills and a preference for data-driven decision making. The role offers an exciting opportunity to build and nurture our new Clinical Programs in the emerging telehealth market.
- Oversee the growth of existing telemedicine services businesses, including Tele-therapy, Tele-psychiatry, as well as innovative programs in the wellness and chronic care space.
- Develop and implement short and long term plan for growth for new businesses. Craft business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features
- Act as the business owner for these services, possessing a complete understanding of all variables that impact the business
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
- Build profitable relationships with third parties where it makes more sense to partner rather than build new services
- Develop roadmap for product changes required to support the business, and work with Product Management to implement them
- Understand customer needs as well as competitors’ marketing, products and pricing and make strategic changes
- Maintain industry expertise; keep tabs on trends and new product ideas
- Lead 1-2 individuals initially; train, develop and mentor associates and first time managers
- Lead process improvements across the business
- Five+ years of relevant professional experience within, but not limited to healthcare services, business development and/or strategy capacity at a top tier consulting or investment banking firm
- An MBA from a top-tier school or equivalent experience
- A confident, entrepreneurial self-starter with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and add immediate value in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against targets & goals in rapidly evolving environment
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve objectives. Persuasive and articulate communication skills.
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management with external companies
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and resolve root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead and prioritize multiple projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- A process oriented individual, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
- Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff.
Should you join American Well and the Online Care Group team, you can expect:
The Online Care Group is a fast growing, fast paced clinical services team who works directly with onboarding clinicians to offer flexible physician jobs that connect patients through live, video visits. Care is delivered utilizing American Well’s Online Care system, AmWell, as well as 30+ client-branded systems in which you will play a key role in supporting.
The Online Care Group currently provides multiple services to the general public, as well as multiple employer groups and health plans. Ranging from Urgent Care to Psychiatry services, Online Care Group operates in 45+ states, with the expectation of expanding to all 50 states in the future.
Online Care allows patients and consumers to connect with physicians immediately, through a new and innovative technology known as Telemedicine. Whether a patient has the flu or a general health question, they can access the professional help of our Online Care Group providers from the comfort of their home or office. The innovation uses advanced Web-based technologies and telephony to remove traditional barriers to healthcare access, including insurance coverage, geography, mobility and time constraints.
The Online Care Group is comprised of 4 key areas: Network Operations, Quality Care, Credentialing and Recruitment. We all work together in efforts to help find the best doctors to work on the platform, support their needs technology wise, and build relationships to make the provider and patient experience unique and successful.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Three weeks of vacation time
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks