Do you enjoy solving puzzles? Discovering game-changing insights? Leading high caliber teams? You might be a fit for our Director of Analytics role!
This individual will be responsible for mining our petabyte-scale data stores for insights and answers that help us better serve our 50 Million users worldwide. You will serve not only our Runkeeper users and team, but you would be a leader that serves all of ASICS - the world’s top performance running brand.
This role will build and lead a team, all working to provide critical data support to internal business partners. You’ll play a vital role in driving growth of Runkeeper and ASICS online properties, including ASICS, ASICS Tiger, Onitsuka Tiger, Haglofs, marketplaces, kiosks, and other digital commerce consumer engagements. Your team will enable tactical and strategic business decisions by providing team’s across the organization access to our data through visualization and reporting of insights and trends. In addition, you will work with other BI leaders across ASICS to aid in architecting current and next generations of our business intelligence tools.
- Build out and lead an Analytics team
- Provide a clear, strategic vision and plan for bringing actionable, innovative analytic solutions to our organization.
- Manage ongoing delivery of recurring reporting dashboards; iterating and automating on these deliverables
- Develop processes for the management of ad-hoc deliverables
- Account for the overall management of analytic projects; including profitability, timeliness, quality and business value
- Develop and optimize predictive models of customer behavior regarding future purchases, to drive both forecasting and customer value optimization.
- Create and maintain an analytics roadmap and learning agenda, prioritized against the most important opportunities and continually reprioritized as business understanding evolves
- Partner with global data and research groups to both inform the team’s analytics and influence the roadmap of ASICS overall infrastructure
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand the business’ current state and develop data-driven insights that can be understood and implemented to drive department goals and strategies
- Working with internal teams across the company to identify specific tracking needs and working with our Platforms team on implementation.
- 8 years hands-on experience with statistical modeling, data mining, and advanced segmentation using large marketing databases
- 5 years of experience with eCommerce and consumer web analytics
- Experience building and managing a team
- Proven experience delivering a wide variety of analytic solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience influencing a business or marketing strategy through the application and/or management of advanced statistical techniques and data driven solutions
- Ability to develop strong relationships across diverse teams (including statistical, technical, and marketing resources)
- Ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with colleagues at all levels across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a coherent action plan.
- Ability to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high-quality standards while maintaining a user-centric mindset.
- Ability to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
- Hands-on programming experience in SAS, SPSS, or related language OLAP technologies, SQL, and related BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos)
- Hands-on experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Comfortable with 10-20% domestic and international travel