Company Overview: Promoboxx is a fast-growing digital marketing technology startup in downtown Boston. The Promoboxx solution is sold to Fortune 1,000 brands to help them better market align with and sell through their local retailers.
Position Overview: Promoboxx is looking for a Director of Business Development to initiate and manage revenue accretive and ground-breaking partnerships. We are looking for a candidate who has at least 5 years of experience in a B2B software company, and who has a track record of consistently exceeding their goals. The candidate should be enthusiastic, extremely persistent, poised, and love big brands and local retailers.
The Director of Business Development will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and work closely with members of the executive team.
- Will be responsible for strategic relationships, working with Promoboxx’s Product and Sales teams to identify and initiate partnerships.
- Responsible for managing on-going partnerships, including coordinating internal resources and meeting external partnership requirements.
- Will be working with both the Product and the Executive teams to identify market gaps and maintain competitive information on adjacent players and potential market entrants.
- At least 5 years of software sales, marketing or business development experience, preferably in a B2B environment
- Demonstrable track record of initiating and managing meaningful corporate relationships, including building business cases and prioritizing opportunities
- Goal-oriented with track record of exceeding goals
- Preference given to candidates who have worked with ad agencies and Facebook in the past
- Should be detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Startup experience desired but not a requirement
- Should have an MBA
- Technical background a plus but not a requirement
- Competitive base + bonus structure
- Stock options
- Health and dental insurance
Why we think Promoboxx is the best place to work:
- Promoboxx is a Boston-based startup that has pioneered retail marketing for industry-leading manufacturing brands. We have a compelling product that resonates with brands that salespeople love selling into.
- The compensation (both base and variable compensation) is above market.
- We have the strongest revenue growth in the past 3 years of all startups graduating from TechStars.
- We have a great company culture, with frequent team outings, open and honest managers, and a daily company-wide standup meeting.