Developer Support Lead
- Provide product expertise to partners at a technical level
- Engage with and provide internal and external engineers, designers, and other technical stakeholders with solutions, documentation, all the way through implementation of our product
- Be point of contact for technical requests for development purposes (API documentation, etc.)
- Gather and document feedback in a constructive way that enables LevelUp to prioritize features and product roadmaps for applications.
What we're looking for in you:
- You have outstanding communication skills. You’ll need to work with engineering teams both within and outside of our company, and you’ll spend a lot of time on the phone with partners either representing our API & functionality or troubleshooting an issue. Sometimes they are wrong, sometimes we are wrong, but nobody likes being told they’re wrong. Your ability to make a case and back it up is matched only by your ability to be flawlessly diplomatic while doing so.
- You’re great at managing complexity. Our strategic partnerships typically leverage everything we can do as a company, and involve the whole team. While most of the operations, finance, and marketing components are handled by the partner’s strategic account manager, you’ll be responsible for keeping any development work on track, for basically all the partnerships.
- You’re eager to learn, or already fine jumping into code. You don’t need to have a CS degree or an engineering background, but it helps. You’ll be asked to use Postman to test API calls, write SQL to answer your own data questions, and understand the rough complexity of product enhancements without engineering input. Maybe there’s even a simple feature that needs to be built, so why not just build it yourself?
- You can switch from big picture to small details. You’re just as comfortable and excited to roadmap the overall architecture of a new payment flow with a partner’s CTO as you are in routing through log docs hunting down a pernicious bug for their QA team. You’re a team of one right now, so it’s all you.
- You learn quickly. The LevelUp platform does a lot, and you’ll need to pick up all the ins and outs of the product in your first few months on the job, and retain all of that knowledge to help you with future projects.
- You’re a great copywriter. We pride ourselves on great API documentation. You’ll probably end up owning pieces of it, especially as it relates to work we’re doing custom for a partner. You’ve seen good and bad API docs, and appreciate that spending the time upfront is going to lessen your 1-1 support time in the future.
- You have a get-it-done attitude. You recognize no explicit bounds to the scope of your role and will do anything you can do to help get a product shipped.
- Experience working with large strategic partners is a plus, but not required.
Benefits & Perks
- Free catered lunches daily from the businesses in the LevelUp ecosystem
- A never ending amount of coffee beans to make whatever satiates your palate (Americano, Latte, Espresso, Regular Cup O Joe)
- Strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, fully paid for by LevelUp and 401(k) with company match
- Convenient access to the MBTA via red, green & orange line (Downtown Crossing, Park Street, and South Station are only a few blocks away)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.