We are looking for Machine Learning Engineers/Data Scientists to join our team. The ideal Engineer/Scientist will mine energy data, design algorithms, and develop models which improve Sense's automated disaggregation platform. The right person for this role will enjoy diving into messy time-series, designing high-performance models, and developing robust code that scales on live data.
Sense is building hardware and mobile applications to help people analyze their home energy consumption, see what is going on in their homes, and ultimately reduce their energy footprint (sense.com). We are a small energetic team, founded in 2013, VC-backed and located in the heart of Harvard Square. This is a great opportunity to work with a team of experienced entrepreneurs creating technology that will really make a difference in the world. You will be a part of building and shaping something from the ground up!
- Degree in computer science, machine learning, statistics & applied math, engineering (especially electrical engineering), physics, or similar field. Masters or PhD degree a plus
- Excellent understanding of signal processing, time-series and frequency analysis, algorithms, and data structures
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with software development in C/C++ or Python
- Experience with diving into data, finding insights, and presenting them
- Comfortable working in a team and individually
- Eager to work in a young, fast-paced, and exciting startup
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world
- Great opportunity to gain experience at an early-stage startup, building a consumer product from the ground up
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology
- A wide range of difficult and interesting software problems to be solved
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and a great office in Harvard Square